La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

20 hours ago, meddabhoy said:

Was looking to book up for probably a barca game in April. When does the date/times get confirmed, am I better waiting till the very last cpl of weeks before booking? 

was on Valencia website other day,pretty sure they said the league releases exact times 8 days prior.always thought they gave a bit more notice than that but not much.

I think one thing you can probably assume is that barca or real wont get the graveyard slots eg Monday evening.no certainties though!its a pain

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:54, Herman Hessian said:

seville derby was some game this weekend - pity the commentator is doing his best NBCSN "soccerball" take on things to minimise the impact of what must have been some astounding scenes - there's another youtube clip from mexico of the same footage with apporpriately frenetic voiceovers, but the effect is somewhat minimised  by having no idea what is being said:

thought that 4th betis goal was lovely

The stats don’t do it anywhere close to justice. I can say with some confidence that there’s maybe (and that’s at a push) another three players in the entire world that could have made that pass for Alba’s goal. It’s absolutely incredible.

The gap between Messi and every other player that’s played the game extends with every passing game. He genuinely is that good.

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Absolutely ridiculous from Messi. He has gone far beyond comparison with any other player in history, he’s utterly peerless. Nobody comes, or ever has come close, in terms of footballing ability.

The man is a genuine freak of nature. Beautiful to watch.

The big difference between this season and last, for me, is that Madrid aren't getting the breaks they did last year. I don't have/can be bothered to look for stats to back it up, but last season they seemed to score so, so many late goals in games like yesterday's.

The stats about Ronaldos conversion rate sum up why some are now claiming he's detrimental to the team, but how much balls would it take for Zidane, or any manager to bench the greatest goal scorer of a generation.

Edited to add: last season Madrid score 11 85+ minute goals, with 4 being game winning and 3 being point gaining. This season, they have scored none.

I'm hopefully popping my laliga cherry in late February with a long weekend in Valencia, hoping to get Valencia-real sociedad, levante-real betis, villareal-getafe, segunto-otil and,hey why not, Albacete-numancia if the scheduling is kind.

can anyone give me advice on getting tickets while I'm over there? none of these are exactly glamour games so I'm not going on any ripoff tout sites and anyhow I like to actually have a real ticket(its the only souvenier I ever take back from anywhere). Do Valencia or levante have shops in the centre,these are usually a good bet?

The stats about Ronaldos conversion rate sum up why some are now claiming he's detrimental to the team, but how much balls would it take for Zidane, or any manager to bench the greatest goal scorer of a generation.

Second greatest. Ronaldo has a career (club and international) goals to games ratio of 0.72 and Messi’s is 0.81, both of which are quite frankly fucking obscene.

It’s a point I make fairly regularly on here, but it’s worth repeating constantly, those two are the greatest players that have ever played the game, by miles, and are now beyond comparison with any other player. Their consistency of performance and normalisation of what previously was considered impossible for a footballer is incredible. We’re genuinely lucky to have the opportunity to be able to watch both as often as we do.

9 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I'm hopefully popping my laliga cherry in late February with a long weekend in Valencia, hoping to get Valencia-real sociedad, levante-real betis, villareal-getafe, segunto-otil and,hey why not, Albacete-numancia if the scheduling is kind.

can anyone give me advice on getting tickets while I'm over there? none of these are exactly glamour games so I'm not going on any ripoff tout sites and anyhow I like to actually have a real ticket(its the only souvenier I ever take back from anywhere). Do Valencia or levante have shops in the centre,these are usually a good bet?

There is a Valencia store in the centre, across from the town hall (ayuntamiento), but I don't know if you can buy tickets there. I was only in Valencia as a day trip from Madrid in September so didn't go to a game there. I went to Atletico v Valencia in March but bought the ticket from Atletico's website and printed it off.