Pie charges

thelangonline

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Talbot Bing said:

Petershill must rate as the worst pies for taste and prices. Think it's via the council who rate the prices though

aye, Cordia supply them and deal with the prices. They buy the cheapest stuff imaginable in bulk, absolutely vile.

I'd stand our own Pollok pies against anyone, although I take the point about the excellent Buffs Pies. 

1 hour ago, Taxman said:

I think we're about £1.80 for a pie n Bovril but I could be wrong.  Best pie this season was scoffed at Haddington Athletic, pre-season friendly, 9/10.

Went through to Haddington for a pre season friendly with Cambuslang 2 years ago & tasted the best pie ever in all my days following the lang. 

Kilbirnie's pies from about 10 years ago were great as well. 

8)

On 8/23/2016 at 19:46, Talbot Bing said:

Petershill must rate as the worst pies for taste and prices. Think it's via the council who rate the prices though

Last season I saw a guy nearly choke to death at Petershill but luckily an off duty doctor was present. As the obstruction was stuck in the guys throat the doctor had to perform an emergency tracheotomy at the base of his neck. I can remember the doctor screaming that he needed something sharp to make a incision and just by luck a quick witted spectator broke the crust of his pie giving the doctor a sharp object to carry on with the procedure.

I don't mind paying a bit extra if it's a good steak pie.The Buff's Pie at Kilwinning Rangers is excellent.One of the best,in my honest opinion,is filled with chunks of steak & link sausage,in thick gravey! A Buff's Pie & a large cup of Bovril is £3.00 at Abbey Park.

Had one on Saturday and it was very tasty. Charging £1 for a price marked 39p can of Irn Bru didn't impress me though!

On 24 August 2016 at 12:07, blue manalishi said:

Went through to Haddington for a pre season friendly with Cambuslang 2 years ago & tasted the best pie ever in all my days following the lang. 

Kilbirnie's pies from about 10 years ago were great as well. 

8)

The kilbirnie pies are good but they are probably a bit past their best before date after 10 years . :) 

20 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Are they still selling them?

4 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

The kilbirnie pies are good but they are probably a bit past their best before date after 10 years . :) 

I could've worded that better ;)

I meant from a Kilbirnie v Cambuslang game circa 2006, but you knew that anyway ya pair 'a rascals 

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Are the death pies at Annbank still of the same calibre? :huh: 

Thats a proper man v food challenge with the man always coming off second best . 

Worst pies I had were at Rutherglen Glencairn,end of last season.....Really bad. Was sh*tting through the eye of a needle later that night! :-(

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Are the death pies at Annbank still of the same calibre? :huh: 

Thats a proper man v food challenge with the man always coming off second best . 

They have thankfully improved since the change of president etc who made vast improvements to the ground and food stall, still not the standards we get at your place but small steps eh 

Archived