Brechin v QP

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to get a point beforehand, but this did seem like two points dropped on balance.  Both sides missed good chances, but how the ball stayed out in that madcap exchange in the Brechin box is beyond me.  The City guys certainly did the needful to block 5 or 6 decent efforts.

Top class save from Murphy to deny City though.  Reckon we had one outstanding penalty shout too.  Ref was all over the shop in general.

Given City's league record stretching back a bit and our poor results there, we'll not grumble about getting a  draw.

Really enjoyed being back at Glebe Park; good day out and the steak pies and home made soup topped off a good day.

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Given City's league record stretching back a bit and our poor results there, we'll not grumble about getting a  draw.

Yes , very happy with the point as in my lifetime of watching Queens we have received quite a few pumpings at Glebe Park. Think we’ve only won there 3 times in around 40 years

First half there was nothing between the sides but I thought we played the better football in the second and had a couple of more than decent changes to score. Mad stramash aside, Galt’s header at the far post was one of them but it looked to me that he was trying to head across the six yard box than score himself. Brechin had a couple mind you as well, and Murphy’s stop was outstanding

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:24, theoriginalhedge said:

A lot being said of our failings but in all honesty Queens were in our faces for the whole game , spurred on by that madman McPherson on the sidelines.  The long ball was often the only option as there was very little time to play fancy football. Although there were times when the ball was switched quickly from one side to the other with the lead up play being very good .   The real failings seemed to be up front with the final ball lacking.  

Maybe right about Trouten but he is always capable of creating something so I can see why he was left on.  Love was getting frustrated and you could see his head going down especially when his effort was saved  in the second half. 

Maybe a bit early to press the panic signing button as I think Queens Park will frustrate quite a lot of teams this season. Hopefully just a wee blip for us and we can bounce back in deep dark Fife next week. 

Not panicking but think we should revert back to guys at the back who are more comfortable there. Happy with progress and take on what QP were all about but we need to stay calm and find a way that is not hoofing it long, we need creative midfield and I did suggest Euan gets a shout in there and we need options up front.

Yet to be convinced by Caldwell - he just looks like he wants to be elsewhere. If he can not make it work at the City he will be at the Vics.

A bad one but not PANICKING and looking for a different outcome on Saturday

FFS, those highlights!  Ridiculous that we didn't score. Woods seems to have tried to take a touch at the back post rather than smash it in but maybe he expected Malone to connect with the header. After that it was all a bit Pinball Wizard

16 hours ago, Cold Feet said:

Not panicking but think we should revert back to guys at the back who are more comfortable there. Happy with progress and take on what QP were all about but we need to stay calm and find a way that is not hoofing it long, we need creative midfield and I did suggest Euan gets a shout in there and we need options up front.

Yet to be convinced by Caldwell - he just looks like he wants to be elsewhere. If he can not make it work at the City he will be at the Vics.

A bad one but not PANICKING and looking for a different outcome on Saturday

You seem to forget the Barcelonaesque  goalscoring antics of the Cove match.  8)   We have the players who can do it , Consistency is the key . Hopefully it was  just an off day on Saturday. 

As I said , no point in rushing in at this point. The bigger teams won't be rushing to loan out quality players at this stage in the season so best working with what we have meantime. 

Really don't see the need to panic at the mo. I'm well aware the previous season is still raw. I still believe if the midfield is used more we will get a better idea if they r creative or not.its way to early to criticise either the team or the coaching staff.we all know up to the turn of the year will give us a clearer idea of how we r doing so if we can compete and get results up till then happy days

Archived