Brechin v QP

Ah well back to the same shit as last season.This should have been 3 points for us today but QP were better than us tactically, Dods doesn't have a clue on how to change it,thought our new coach Mr Campbell would have known how to change and tell Mr Dods that changes were needed.Plus point we sneaked a point.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't at the game so can't comment on it but I'll happily take a point away against a decent league 1 side. Been impressed with most of the signings in partucular Millen, Cummins and the return of Darren Miller. Going by the preview, it looks as though MacPherson is trying to bring a couple of players on loan. Wouldn't mind a Striker or winger on loan. Very confident we can stay in this league, especially with a manager in Gus MacPherson.

10 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Ah well back to the same shit as last season.

Yep, you're back to your moaning best or should that be worst :rolleyes:

Not many teams can play free flowing football throughout a full season.  The odd game of poor football is expected especially at this level so unless you're a complete moron you'll understand that things sometimes don't go the way you'd like it to.  As mentioned by the sensible posters it was a fairly forgettable game with few chances and few players looking that they were up for the challenge.  No doubt the midweek games for both sides took their toll on the teams so I don't think it was ever going to be a classic.  Thought Brechin had the clearer cut chances on the day but Queens Park could have grabbed it near the end when the City defence panicked and couldn't clear their lines combined with some heroics from Buzz in goal once more.

Overall can't complain with a point and unbeaten in 3.  How many months did it take to reach that last season!

Not great yesterday too many players giving the ball away cheaply and I feel we need another couple of players in  midfield and upfront but a vast improvement from last year. Overall a very poor game played between 2 teams who on that showing that will be nearer the bottom than the top. A word for QP manager I think he needs some psychiatric help  what a fanny, if he has to shout and bawl as much as that during the game either he is not getting his message across at training or the players are just not good enough. Thought the band of QP fans gave their team great backing hope you enjoyed your wee trip to Teuchtar land.

On 8/19/2016 at 14:05, The Spider said:

Would definitely go with Malone as Glebe Park is narrow and Carter needs space to run into, so Malone would be the better choice for this particular one. On a tighter pitch he'll have less running to do, so any perceived lack of fitness won't be as much of an issue as it would have been if the game was at Hampden.

12 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Ah well back to the same shit as last season.This should have been 3 points for us today but QP were better than us tactically, Dods doesn't have a clue on how to change it,thought our new coach Mr Campbell would have known how to change and tell Mr Dods that changes were needed.Plus point we sneaked a point.

So how would you have changed things ? 

It's very easy to criticise after the event  !

46 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

So how would you have changed things ? 

It's very easy to criticise after the event  !

I was thinking of this during the second half and the fact is I could nae which prompted my view that we need something else in the middle and up front as options. Graham and Dale work hard at what they do but they are not creative midfielders, Dyer / O'Neil are essentially glorified fullbacks acting as attacking wide men but neither got forward enough or were passed to from the back - ALOT OF LONG BALLS.....Again. Smith is worth a shout in midfield as has done ok in preseason; his ability should not be judged in the position he finds himself.

Love must be sick of being hooked as Trouten could just as easily come off.

1 hour ago, Cold Feet said:

I was thinking of this during the second half and the fact is I could nae which prompted my view that we need something else in the middle and up front as options. Graham and Dale work hard at what they do but they are not creative midfielders, Dyer / O'Neil are essentially glorified fullbacks acting as attacking wide men but neither got forward enough or were passed to from the back - ALOT OF LONG BALLS.....Again. Smith is worth a shout in midfield as has done ok in preseason; his ability should not be judged in the position he finds himself.

Love must be sick of being hooked as Trouten could just as easily come off.

A lot being said of our failings but in all honesty Queens were in our faces for the whole game , spurred on by that madman McPherson on the sidelines.  The long ball was often the only option as there was very little time to play fancy football. Although there were times when the ball was switched quickly from one side to the other with the lead up play being very good .   The real failings seemed to be up front with the final ball lacking.  

Maybe right about Trouten but he is always capable of creating something so I can see why he was left on.  Love was getting frustrated and you could see his head going down especially when his effort was saved  in the second half. 

Maybe a bit early to press the panic signing button as I think Queens Park will frustrate quite a lot of teams this season. Hopefully just a wee blip for us and we can bounce back in deep dark Fife next week. 

38 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

A lot being said of our failings but in all honesty Queens were in our faces for the whole game , spurred on by that madman McPherson on the sidelines.  The long ball was often the only option as there was very little time to play fancy football. Although there were times when the ball was switched quickly from one side to the other with the lead up play being very good .   The real failings seemed to be up front with the final ball lacking.  

Maybe right about Trouten but he is always capable of creating something so I can see why he was left on.  Love was getting frustrated and you could see his head going down especially when his effort was saved  in the second half. 

Maybe a bit early to press the panic signing button as I think Queens Park will frustrate quite a lot of teams this season. Hopefully just a wee blip for us and we can bounce back in deep dark Fife next week. 

I think most sane Brechin fans are quite happy with the progress this season but I think its quite clear and I am sure Dods is aware that we need to add a couple of players. Hopefully maybe  Stevie Campbell can maybe help identify a couple of gems for us ( depending if there is any money available ) All in all however a decent start to our seaon

I was critizing during the match as well as on here.Its clear to see we need a creative midfielder and an goalscorer,time to give Caldwell his chance.Dods has to become more tactically aware during matches.We've got a good start to the season and don't want to see us going back to the shite fae last season,playing players out of position is not good either.

That stramash in the second half was fuckin silly. Literally fell over in disbelief when Smith gathered it. Might have been something to do with the drink mind.

0-0 probably right over the piece as neither side created too much. Brilliant save by Murphy at the end.

Ryan McGeever is an outstanding centre half at this level and he was brilliant yesterday. Defence looking solid at the minute.

Good to see Paul Woods back playing well too.

Don't think the midfield can be creative if we boom balls all day being able to retain the ball is the key then we will create. The frantic stuff puts all the team off. Let's hope it's a blip they can learn from. It's easy for us to criticise.there has been some decent stuff too

Good effort from all yesterday. Slightly aggrieved it wasn't three points but the performance was solid and a point away at this stage is important. I reckon it'll be October before we've got this league figured out and our new lads have settled fully so if we can keep in the hunt until then I'll be well chuffed.

Have to mention Murphy's save at his right hand post - outstanding reaction at any level. Ronnie Simpson would have been proud of that one. The epic goal stramash was the highlight of the game and credit to the Brechin defence for throwing bodies everywhere. In truth. despite our ambition going forward we're still a bit shy on genuine goal chances and the difference made by Malone with his combative style was remarkable. The Spider called it exactly right, especially as the Brechin central defence sat so deep. Just wasn't enough area for JC to do his best, despite his effort.

The bigger, and better quality, squad showed it's worth yesterday when Cummins had to go off and Williams stepped into the game, which was at high-tempo at the time, and looked very comfortable and composed. Another good indicator of the progress Gus and his team are making.

McGeever. Mountain.

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

I was critizing during the match as well as on here.Its clear to see we need a creative midfielder and an goalscorer,time to give Caldwell his chance.Dods has to become more tactically aware during matches.We've got a good start to the season and don't want to see us going back to the shite fae last season,playing players out of position is not good either.

Not like you to criticise !!  8)

Who has been played out of position ? If it's Smith you are on about, he has been a rock in the defence so far . It would be quite unfair to drop him or move him elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, Andyboy said:

That stramash in the second half was fuckin silly. Literally fell over in disbelief when Smith gathered it. Might have been something to do with the drink mind.

Remarkable scenes from you at that :lol: A slow motion replay would be tremendous. No idea how it didn't end up in the net.

4 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The bigger, and better quality, squad showed it's worth yesterday when Cummins had to go off and Williams stepped into the game, which was at high-tempo at the time, and looked very comfortable and composed. Another good indicator of the progress Gus and his team are making.

???

Mark Williams didn't get on yesterday. Cummins came off to get treatment and change his top but went back on a minute or so later.

2 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

???

Mark Williams didn't get on yesterday. Cummins came off to get treatment and change his top but went back on a minute or so later.

Even I realised that and I'd been on the bevvy since 11am. BYOS having a 'mare :lol:

Archived