Latest blog - Whitburn v Bathgate

#THsGh

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Much..........

Unlike other clubs in the area who get their grass cut or better still don't need to cut the grass all provided free gratis by West Lothian Council. For you info the grass was cut on Monday morning by two volunteers( retired men) and again on Tuesday.

For your info, when we had grass (new and old grounds) we had our own sit on mower and cut it ourselves for many years. I'm not even sure WLC cut Junior clubs pitches anymore, they don't provide much free these days #grassgate [emoji3]

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You don't realise how deep that's cut me.........

:lol:,oh the derby day banter. Heading north to Banff tommorow for Vale v Cove,overnight stay and a few beers to be had,wish you were there burnie man. I know you've took in a few SHFL games,when you planning your next trip north?

:lol:,oh the derby day banter. Heading north to Banff tommorow for Vale v Cove,overnight stay and a few beers to be had,wish you were there burnie man. I know you've took in a few SHFL games,when you planning your next trip north?

Aye I like a wee jaunt north, still a few HL grounds to visit, Formartine last season was the last one (terrible pitch, hardly any grass!). Got a lot on travel wise so it might not be until Feb/Mar time. Fancy Fraserburgh which was original venue before fixtures were switched and we ended up at Formartine.

Aye Formartine's surface is no the best,a bit like Whitburn's :lol:. Highly recommend Fraserburgh,we were there last year,it has a Wetherspoons,a great bar just down from that called "Cheers" and a boozer right outside the ground named after the ground,"the Bellslea bar". Also try a "meally pie" when your at the game,absolutely sensational. Best of luck this season in the south league,I'm sure you'll be playing premier football next season hopefully against whitburn once more.

1 hour ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Aye Formartine's surface is no the best,a bit like Whitburn's :lol:. Highly recommend Fraserburgh,we were there last year,it has a Wetherspoons,a great bar just down from that called "Cheers" and a boozer right outside the ground named after the ground,"the Bellslea bar". Also try a "meally pie" when your at the game,absolutely sensational. Best of luck this season in the south league,I'm sure you'll be playing premier football next season hopefully against whitburn once more.

Aye Fraserburgh has been on the list for a while, one day,..........

Cheers, hopefully this is our season but long way to go. Fingers crossed, as I'm sure all of Whitburn are :thumsup2

Archived