Exsel Group Super Saturday

Gartcairn Army

This Saturday Shotts, Wishaw and Gartcairn will battle it out to see who qualifies.

Shotts v Wishaw

Carluke v Gartcairn

With Gartcairn top of the group on goal difference, If Cairn win and and Wishaw draw or lose Gartcairn go through

If wishaw win and Gartcairn loss or draw then Wishaw go through

If Shotts win and gartcairn loss or draw then Shotts will go through

If both Cairn and Wishaw win, wishaw would need to win by 3 goals to go through on goal difference.

Hows the other groups looking!!

Cambuslang Rangers and Rutherglen Glencairn dead level in group 4 on points, goal difference, goals scored and goals conceded, and the match between the teams was a draw.

Both teams are at home on Saturday, Glens v EK Thistle and 'Lang v Blantyre.

All to play for.

Lesmahagow  on 6pts with a +5  goal difference 

Larkhall also on 6pts with a +2 goal difference

Lanark also on 6pts with a 0 goal difference

Lanark v Lesmahagow and  Royal Albert v Larkhall on Saturday 

Should be an interesting day

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Can anybody confirm that, if a group finishes level on points, goal difference and goals scored and conceded, and the match between the two teams is drawn, then does it go to a play-off ?

Don't know if true but I know in some 

senior league it'll go on head to head and considering you drew with Lang 2-2 away from home you have the better head to head and that's why I think the website has you top of the group. Don't quote me on it but I think that's how it might work, I think rutherglen will top the group anyway cambuslang have a difficult game against Blantyre Vics. 

Don't know if true but I know in some 

senior league it'll go on head to head and considering you drew with Lang 2-2 away from home you have the better head to head and that's why I think the website has you top of the group. Don't quote me on it but I think that's how it might work, I think rutherglen will top the group anyway cambuslang have a difficult game against Blantyre Vics. 

I had noticed that the West website had us top last night and could only think of the reason you've given as the reason. However, whether those rules apply to decide who wins the group I really don't know. I've also been told it would be a play-off at a neutral venue, but would that be on Monday night ahead of Wednesday's quarter final ?

Surely this scenario has happened in the past ?

Us & Clydebank level on 7 points in group 6, Maryhill on 6, Bankies have two goal advantage on us though.  We're home to Maryhill tomorrow, Bankies away to Ashfield who played well against us last week until they imploded & had two men sent off!!

2 hours ago, Taxman said:

Us & Clydebank level on 7 points in group 6, Maryhill on 6, Bankies have two goal advantage on us though.  We're home to Maryhill tomorrow, Bankies away to Ashfield who played well against us last week until they imploded & had two men sent off!!

Maryhill only on 3, Ashfield on 6 Taxman

Archived