Diddy Cup 1/4 finals

The Ilford Drummer

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't read too much into results in this cup,   I remember Beith humping Largs 9 nil only for Largs to go on and lift the Scottish cup the same year. 

It's great to obviously see yer team win it but in my opinion it's glorified friendlys until the semi/final

The Jackie Scarlett Cup will always be held seen as the turning point to Talbot's domination of Junior football. 1977, Dam Park and a 3-2 win over Medda heralds the end of a 25 years of pain as at last the Bot have a trophy for their cabinet. Oh how we partied that day.  

FOTJ, I respect that you're trying to make a stand but it's cutting your own nose off.
While you're in the hoose with your arms folded feeling justified, your team is playing competitive football and your new players are doing their best to cement a starting slot.
The league cup is there and it's another trophy to be won. Cotter is correct when he says your manager would love to win it and, given your echoing trophy cabinet, so should you be.
Some of us would love to attend our team's matches...all of them! You can and choose not go because of a one man crusade. Daft so it is.

Quarter-Finals
Troon v Auchinleck Talbot
Beith v Ardeer Thistle
Hurlford v Girvan
Cumnock v Kilbirnie Ladeside

Semi-Finals
Troon or Auchinleck Talbot v Beith or Ardeer Thistle
Hurlford or Girvan v Cumnock or Kilbirnie Ladeside

If you had seen the gate today Jim you would realise your 1 man crusade is far from the truth. Thankfully I'm working Wednesday so al evade the folding arms . Sorry that you can't make the games but if you did you would realise the importance of this cup.
Assuming the beeks have changed the draw for some reason or other which adds extra costs onto an already loss making tournament

Exsel Central Sectional Cup

Quarter Finals:

Rutherglen Glencairn v Pollok 
Lesmahagow v Wishaw 
Rob Roy v Clydebank 
Shettleston v Greenock 

Semi Finals:

Rob Roy or Clydebank Rutherglen Glencairn or Pollok

Shettleston or Greenock v Lesmahagow or Wishaw 

This couldn't have been worse for Beith and Talbot. Win and you play each other when you'd least want to. If you win and the other loses they have a free week before the big one. I can't see any side Beith put out losing to Ardeer but Troon c Talbot should be close enough.

Yes that's right!
You do play Ardeer at home on Wednesday. (24th Aug.) The winners will be away to Troon/ Auchinleck (31st Aug) in the semi.

Other quarter finals:
Hurlford Utd v Kilbirnie Ladeside
At home to the winners of
Cumnock v Girvan

Archived