Blue Toon Vs Wee Rovers

We haven't won a league game since the 19th of March. Can we change this? To be honest I think at this point a 0-0 draw would be a turn up for the books as I think the 19th of March was also our last clean sheet.

Strange one this, whilst traditionally coming away from Balmoor with a point would be a good result, I think 3 has to be the aim this time. Peterhead are by all accounts not as strong as last season (excellent win against Dundee aside) and indeed have stuttered since that result.

Not sure what to take from the 2-0 win against the Hamilton babes the other night as I wasn't there, but a win is a win and it was our first inside 90 minutes out of 7 competitive games this season.

Given that our next group of matches contain high flying Alloa and trips to Stranraer and Airdrie, I'd like to see us get a first win as soon as. I'd hate us to still be looking for a win after 7 or 8 games.

6 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Given that our next group of matches contain high flying Alloa and trips to Stranraer and Airdrie, I'd like to see us get a first win as soon as. I'd hate us to still be looking for a win after 7 or 8 games.

^^^This. Very much so. And Peterhead will not stay at the foot end of the table. I'd take a draw, thanks.

Oh dear. For once it looked like we are actually going to be decent and then it is the same old problems. Thought Baptie looked good and Mcluskey looked OK too when he came on. Was actually thinking we looked not bad at the back with 5 and then of course we had to go and change it.

JIm needs to settle the squad and get players playing in the same positions for a run of games so we can get some consistency. We have had the same core of players for a while now so we shouldn't need to chop and change to figure out what someones best position is.

3 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Looks like a good comeback on paper. Hopefully Bold or Snuffy were there and can give us the story of the match.

"A fair result" would sum it up. We played really well in the first half but passed up umpteen chances before Peterhead scored from a cracker of a free kick. We then came out for the second half still asleep and lost a defensive howler, and it looked dead at that point.

However, we dug in, went two up front and started to get behind the Peterhead right back and, lo and behold, we got back in, with young Ross Stewart taking his goals well. We have a real talent in that young man and he's a grafter as well. To be honest, they all played pretty well, and the young boy from Accies looked far better than he did when he played against us on Tuesday. He's certainly stronger than he looks, because I know for certain I certainly wouldn't serve him in a pub!

So yeah, I'm reasonably happy, although 2 points from 9 is worrying, especially as we play Alloa next.

Archived