Airdrie v Stranraer

1 hour ago, Liviguy said:

That boy looked good against us Cairney is a big loss for them and rumsby to Peterhead jesus that's a long way from Stranraer.

The back Hackett that plays for you I think is a decent footballer who used to be with rangers.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cooper81 said:

The back Hackett that plays for you I think is a decent footballer who used to be with rangers.

Yeah he has been a great signing for us not too sure about turning him into a right back but has been key for us.

Yeah a decent right back isn't hard to find. I think he's probably wanting to play both crighton and Lithgow. Either crighton or Lithgow would be a good bet to score at anytime today as I have seen neither of them have scored for livvy yet.

38 minutes ago, Liviguy said:

You might be on to something there they have impressed me since they signed since some airdrie fans said that they were rubbish.

The beginning of last season they didn't start well but as the season went on they both improved. Lithgow in particular came on to a game and scored quite a few goals at the tail end of last season. Lithgow does like to pass the ball out of defense when he has time on the ball. Lithgow is a good player in this decision.  Crighton is okay but it's important he plays with the same defensive partner as he can get caught out of position. You will probably se Lithgow sometimes cover for crighton when he gets caught out of position. Crightons weakness is getting caught out of position ,improves on that he will do well.

They let go of Longworth and cairney left for Ayr. Rumsby their no nonsence centre half left also for Peterhead. The boy turner looks promising though.

Unfortunately Rumsby wasn't no nonsense. He prone to at least one really bad error a game. Not the worst centre half but he was certainly replaceable. Problem is we didn't replace him.
Agnew has replaced Cairney but has so far failed to find the form shown in his first spell with us.
Longworth has been replaced with Nade who so far looks a waste and pretty much admitted he's not fit enough.
Correct about Turner but doesn't often get the chance to play his natural position.

Archived