Airdrie v Stranraer

Guest LonglivetheKING
14 minutes ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

From the Official Site. Kids activities also open to any young away fans.

You may recall last seasons’ weekly poll, where the fans voted to name their all time Greatest Airdrie XI.

Tomorrow sees the unveiling of a banner commemorating these legends, and the Club and Supporters' Trust are delighted that some of them will be in attendance at the match to unveil the banner in the North Stand.

Alan Lawrence, Billy Wilson, Jim Black, John Martin, and honorary club president Ian McMillan are all coming along as guests of the Club and Trust to help unveil the banner, which will sit alongside that of the late great Sammy Conn. The unveiling will take place at 2:50pm, and we would ask as many fans as possible to come along early to show your appreciation.

In addition to the above, Jim, Billy, Nipper and John will be in the Presidents Bar from 1:30pm-2:00pm, and at the Supporters' Trust stall on the concourse at half time, to chat, get photos taken, and to sign copies of a limited edition A4 version of the Greatest XI banner which will be available to buy for £5.

Parents of the Airdrie Aces are advised that pre-match Training returns from 1:30pm-2:30pm at the five-a-side pitches behind the goals, with Arts and Crafts available in the Presidents Bar Party Room. Adults season tickets will be available to buy from the Club Shop from 1:30 (discounted to reflect the home match already played), and we would also ask that anyone looking to swap KitAid vouchers for Kids season tickets visit the Trust personnel in the Presidents Bar pre-match.

Hope to see you all there!

Looking forward to seeing the freeze Mr Evil.   Is it ok to bring my 9 year old to the pre match coaching tomorrow or do you need to book in?   We went once last season,  the coach Graham I think let us join in that day, he was great with them and, if I remember correctly,  Bryan Prunty was there too briefly.

Great work by the trust on all fronts.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, LonglivetheKING said:

Looking forward to seeing the freeze Mr Evil.   Is it ok to bring my 9 year old to the pre match coaching tomorrow or do you need to book in?   We went once last season,  the coach Graham I think let us join in that day, he was great with them and, if I remember correctly,  Bryan Prunty was there too briefly.

Great work by the trust on all fronts.

Of course mate. Open to everyone (although be great if he/she could join the Aces). There will be a couple of players at every pre match training session. A prominent poster on here takes it, but I shall keep his identity anonymous. If its raining, there is Arts n Crafts, DVD's, FIFA etc in the party room at the back of the Presidents Bar.

Also taking names for the Stenny away day next week. Leaving Airdrie at 12.30 from the Pro Bowl, booked into Ochilview Bar, Kids entertainer laid on, free lunch, free entry to game, and on the park at half time. Free for all Aces, £5 for non members, and suggested donation of £5 for adults.

Guest LonglivetheKING
11 hours ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

Of course mate. Open to everyone (although be great if he/she could join the Aces). There will be a couple of players at every pre match training session. A prominent poster on here takes it, but I shall keep his identity anonymous. If its raining, there is Arts n Crafts, DVD's, FIFA etc in the party room at the back of the Presidents Bar.

Also taking names for the Stenny away day next week. Leaving Airdrie at 12.30 from the Pro Bowl, booked into Ochilview Bar, Kids entertainer laid on, free lunch, free entry to game, and on the park at half time. Free for all Aces, £5 for non members, and suggested donation of £5 for adults.

Thanks Evil Jim.   I'll sign Callum at the trust hatch today.

What's the craic with Stranraer so far, not been a great start, however the opening 2 against title favorites and today against Airdrie who are title/top 4 contenders isn't a great start.  Just a case of being unlucky otr more to it?  Thought you added to your squad well.  Would still think the top 4 would consist of Stanraer/Airdrie/Livi/Alloa.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

What's the craic with Stranraer so far, not been a great start, however the opening 2 against title favorites and today against Airdrie who are title/top 4 contenders isn't a great start.  Just a case of being unlucky otr more to it?  Thought you added to your squad well.  Would still think the top 4 would consist of Stanraer/Airdrie/Livi/Alloa.

Gibson and Agnew have not really turned up yet, don't know if Gibson is unfit or uninterested.

Nade is not quite up to speed yet and is now out  injured.

Then there is Ross Barbour, how he ever played in the Premiership is beyond me. Also Belford in goals is not convincing, likes to show off too much and ends up making an arse of things,

I thought before the season started we might not have any points after the first two games, but to concede 10 goals is pretty poor. 

Apart from that everything's fine.

Nice of the officials to allow airdries goal. Shocking stuff as the scorer was offside. The Blues will feel they should be level at h/t when mckeown hit bar when he should have scored. Very even match.

Archived