Airdrie v Stranraer

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eomegimes not a bad support at Airdrie but, the way the season has started might hamper that. 

Personally bored as hell with trips to Airdrie now. Too many seasons in the sa,e league, jumped up stewards, crap results, silly pitch. I'll still be there all the same.

McGuigan likely to come for Nade and Mckeown for Barbour, with Robertson going to right back. Would like to see Morena in for Agnew but, that won't happen. 

If Airdie have a couple of busy forwards they should win easily. Huge holes between our midfield and defence and centre backs who struggle to follow runners. 

All nice and positive. 

Anything between 40 and 100. Always depends on how many from deepest galloway can be bothered to jump on the supporters bus. The usual central belt fans will be there as well as players relatives/friends boosting the numbers.

Team not balanced at all at the moment. Too many players not playing well. Needing more from Gibson and Agnew. One bonus is Craig Malcolm who really appears to be in form just now. Playing more as box player which is helping.

27 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

Definitely makes your job easier?

Oh god aye !

Was up at 3.30am on the laptop doing programme notes this morning when I started this thread. Makes a change from being up at 3.30am on the laptop looking at mud wrestling sites....

(added that in for Pesadilla chipped in!)

7 minutes ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

Oh god aye !

Was up at 3.30am on the laptop doing programme notes this morning when I started this thread. Makes a change from being up at 3.30am on the laptop looking at mud wrestling sites....

(added that in for Pesadilla chipped in!)

Thats my hobby too

4 hours ago, Mattmc said:

If Airdie have a couple of busy forwards they should win easily. Huge holes between our midfield and defence and centre backs who struggle to follow runners. 

All nice and positive. 

If that's case on Saturday I would expect us to score a few.  Our defence, as you may have seen on most of our match threads this season, is prone to some pretty spectacular errors, however, so you might well get one or two goals yourselves if we've not got that sorted. 

6 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Jim I've not bothered my arse picking up a season ticket yet for the wean. Can I still get one? I've still got the voucher?

Yes mate. They'll be available to collect at every home game. Obviously the sooner you get it the better. Be available to collect in the Presidents Bar on Saturday.

On 18 August 2016 at 05:08, Evil Jim Fenner said:

Am hoping this is the one where it all clicks, and we dish out a 3 or 4-0 drubbing. 

Many Stranraer fans expected ?

Your luck your getting any away fans at 16 pound a pop,although it could be worth it  if the Airdrie superstars turn up.:o

From the Official Site. Kids activities also open to any young away fans.

You may recall last seasons’ weekly poll, where the fans voted to name their all time Greatest Airdrie XI.

Tomorrow sees the unveiling of a banner commemorating these legends, and the Club and Supporters' Trust are delighted that some of them will be in attendance at the match to unveil the banner in the North Stand.

Alan Lawrence, Billy Wilson, Jim Black, John Martin, and honorary club president Ian McMillan are all coming along as guests of the Club and Trust to help unveil the banner, which will sit alongside that of the late great Sammy Conn. The unveiling will take place at 2:50pm, and we would ask as many fans as possible to come along early to show your appreciation.

In addition to the above, Jim, Billy, Nipper and John will be in the Presidents Bar from 1:30pm-2:00pm, and at the Supporters' Trust stall on the concourse at half time, to chat, get photos taken, and to sign copies of a limited edition A4 version of the Greatest XI banner which will be available to buy for £5.

Parents of the Airdrie Aces are advised that pre-match Training returns from 1:30pm-2:30pm at the five-a-side pitches behind the goals, with Arts and Crafts available in the Presidents Bar Party Room. Adults season tickets will be available to buy from the Club Shop from 1:30 (discounted to reflect the home match already played), and we would also ask that anyone looking to swap KitAid vouchers for Kids season tickets visit the Trust personnel in the Presidents Bar pre-match.

Hope to see you all there!

Archived