ADL Thread? ??

colliebhoy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just giving my opinion and thoughts folks. Nothing wrong with that surely is there?

Have absolutely no issues with Whitletts. Have friends there and they have the infrastructure to be successful. The committee work their socks off to bring money in and they do a hell of a job allowing them to build a quality squad.

And I'm well aware of what's going on at my club thanks. We're working hard to improve.

Johnny you are entitled to your opinion sir. Hope Craigmark can turn things around :).

I agree with you in fact. The players we've brought in this season were brought in to win the league and the money some of them are on is ridiculous considering. I think if we lose on Saturday then the league is gone. Promotion is a lot tighter now than I expected but I'm confident we'll go up still. If we don't go up then Neil and Jamie should walk away before they're pushed.

Huge game for us this weekend.

C'mon Vic's

Johnny you are entitled to your opinion sir. Hope Craigmark can turn things around [emoji4].

I agree with you in fact. The players we've brought in this season were brought in to win the league and the money some of them are on is ridiculous considering. I think if we lose on Saturday then the league is gone. Promotion is a lot tighter now than I expected but I'm confident we'll go up still. If we don't go up then Neil and Jamie should walk away before they're pushed.

Huge game for us this weekend.

C'mon Vic's

I very much doubt Neil and Jamie will be pushed out the door. No many managers would still have us in the running for promotion with the injuries we've had. Started the season with 4 experienced centre halfs, we're down to 1. Any team would struggle after that. Add to that Balfour been injured most of the season along with Sam McFall. Anybody can see the improvements they've made since they came in just over a year ago. We probably have one of the youngest teams in the league, added to a very successful 19s and 21s so the futures bright. If we go up, brilliant, if not then its no the end of the world. An extra year in the ADL willnae do the young yins any harm

I very much doubt Neil and Jamie will be pushed out the door. No many managers would still have us in the running for promotion with the injuries we've had. Started the season with 4 experienced centre halfs, we're down to 1. Any team would struggle after that. Add to that Balfour been injured most of the season along with Sam McFall. Anybody can see the improvements they've made since they came in just over a year ago. We probably have one of the youngest teams in the league, added to a very successful 19s and 21s so the futures bright. If we go up, brilliant, if not then its no the end of the world. An extra year in the ADL willnae do the young yins any harm

Well said Terrance.
Good to see someone looking at the big picture [emoji106][emoji460][emoji108]????

Refreshing to see Junior Club investing so much into their youth set up and breaking kids into their squads and teams.

Far too easy these days to chuck money at "experienced" players who on the whole are generally more interested in the wages rather than the pride of playing for their team.

All the best, will be an interesting battle with Darvel

Whitletts were poor on Saturday.  They may just have had an off day. Their first goal was a howler from a Lugar point of view when one of the central defenders completely missed the ball under no pressure allowing an easy goal. Lugar missed several good chances. In my opinion Whitletts will need to improve on Saturdays performance to go up. Not only was it a makeshift Whitletts team Lugar were without four of their better players and fielded four or five young players.

10 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Successful 21's?

It's great to see junior clubs investing in youth and creating a pathway to the first team but claiming success at a level where there's been none is a little silly. For the past couple of years Kilwinning Rangers and Troon dominated the 19's level where your 21's would have been at the time. With Kilwinning scrapping their youth the door to local success opens for other 21 teams but it's wrong to overstate success at any level as it creates false expectations for the players within a side. Best to say that there are some talented lads and some potential within your youth teams that offer promise for the future as that would be accurate.

At the end of the day results for the first team determine what structure is in place and investment in the first team at Whitletts looks healthy and they'll be keen to get promoted but watching the ADL this year I'd say they're on a par with a couple of other sides and it will be a scrap to get promotion.

Bigslim is back! New season in the ADL and still the same guff from AV and DL.

I'll start with AV, your team has been finishing 4th/5th/6th for a number of years and now they have a chance of promotion you want to sack the manager. Get real man. Support your team and be realistic. 

DL Darvel have been on a good run and have a great team spirit but will thy have the bottle to finish in the top two, time will tell. Some of the Darvel fans have them promoted already. More twists to come in this league.

All the best to all the teams

4 hours ago, Bigslimjim said:

I'll start with AV, your team has been finishing 4th/5th/6th for a number of years and now they have a chance of promotion you want to sack the manager. Get real man. Support your team and be realistic. 

DL Darvel have been on a good run and have a great team spirit but will thy have the bottle to finish in the top two, time will tell. Some of the Darvel fans have them promoted already. More twists to come in this league.

How many of the Darvel fans have them promoted already???

7 hours ago, Bigslimjim said:

Name the fans who think that ? I and many others on here have said the adl standard is the best it's been this season for a lot of years , every team has improved this season apart from whitletts who had the league won when thumping us first game of the season , I said then it was a fluke result and got ridiculed on here for saying so but I've been proved right , we have a chance of going up the players now have to finish the job off and with the fixtures left will never have a better chance 

20 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Is Paul Cameron still at whitletts ? He made a difference for girvan last season

A lot football to be played yet. And still don't think league certainty for anyone. Winton late equaliser agains annbank prove anybody can beat anybody. Bad injuries making it hard for whitletts but we still up there and will fight to end. Think there will be few twists in it yet every fan supporter entitled to opinion on team but management. And coaching staff see things different and some fans make life hard for managers stating they will win league but that's football

Massive weekend in the ADL tomorrow.
AWR v Whitletts and Annbank v Darvel. It'll be a very hard game for us, probably the toughest all season but if we play the way we can then I'm confident we can get the win. I know the players are right up for the match and it can make or break our season.

Annbank will be too good for Darvel on the day as well.

The nitwit appears again. He'll never learn. I'm starting to think he's not a Whitlett's fan because he doesn't do anything to help his so called team. He should do his team a favour and #£&@ off.

Lump on ardrossan now lads.

Archived