Referees

The big ain

Tonight I was at dundonald vs Lochee and I witnessed the worst refereeing display of my entire life. There were 4 main penalty claims in the match. 3 that in my opinion were very soft which were given and the one that wasn't given was the clearest cut penalty I've seen. When one of the penaltys were given Lochees way in the second half I asked the lino if he could see it as he was directly in front of me and it was a clear dive. His reply was I've done my job down this end so what happens up there is nothing to do with me. Then he proceeded to tell me he couldn't make the call anyway as it wouldn't be listened to.

What is the point in having linesmen if they are not able to influence the game. Surely 2/3 opinions on something is better than one??

The referee also sent a dundonald player off which shocked both teams. Boots got tangled together and the dundonald player shook his leg to free the bot and apparent tried to kick the other player involved. I don't think I've ever seen a sending off like it.

Worst refereeing display yet. More to the point what is getting done to improve the quality of referees in the junior game?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the wishaw v gartcairn game tonight the ref was outstanding! A former player who understands the game and let it flow! Good banter with the players too! Well done Graeme Murphy your a credit to the juniors!

Great to hear of refs doing a good job. Too many refs haven't played the game and have no experience therefor leads to rash decision making. I heard the ref admitted to the players after that he thought he made "a few" mistakes during the game lol

At the wishaw v gartcairn game tonight the ref was outstanding! A former player who understands the game and let it flow! Good banter with the players too! Well done Graeme Murphy your a credit to the juniors!

Forth had him at a game last season and he was terrific, not only knows the rules but understands the game, which is where a lot of the referees seem to fall down. Plenty who know the rules, but have no idea about how the game is played!

Forth had him at a game last season and he was terrific, not only knows the rules but understands the game, which is where a lot of the referees seem to fall down. Plenty who know the rules, but have no idea about how the game is played!

Couldn't agree more! That's what is badly needed at this level!

Hoose boness game ref got pelters fae both sides. Linesman at my side was a joke and I was in the sun way the ness fans did more talking to us than watching the game. Was at one point 10 yards fae watching offside. His excuse was honestly to slag another official fae out the Falkirk way could t believe it both sets of supporters told the old boy u serious. Who is no to bad at his job and fair. Tall tattoos

Was at the bellshill game lastnite the linos did not check the nets befour the game started so the petershill 3rd goal defo went in but the ref said no goal went to the lino he also said no goal but petershill players were geting on at the ref he then went and checked the net there was a hole in it then gave the goal so he went on the players edvice b4 his lino lol and what happend at the start of the 2nd half both linos checked the nets lol what a joke of a ref this boy was

Sour grapes!!! Agree that 2nd Lochee pen was soft, but sending off was spot on, Dundonald player had a clear kick out at Lochee player! Thought ref did OK considering the moaning and hassle he got from home team & supporters!!

The guy admitted that it wasn't a sending off so there's that one out the window. Dundonald fully deserved at least a draw out that match and didn't get it. Not all down to the referee but he had a huge part to play in it. The point I'm getting at here tho is its not about who won or who didn't or who got the decisions and who didn't it's about improving the standard so all teams benefit and we see better football and flowing games rather than handbags and rash decisions ruining games.

Fair doos! Totally agree that the standard of refs is poor and that's not just in junior game, that goes right up to the so called professional refs in senior game! Still say I wouldn't fancy their job though!!

And I also agree Dundonald probably deserved a draw, even with 10 men! But we'll take the 3pts there anyday cos there won't be many teams come away from Dundonald with all 3 this season!

Yep 100% guys on sky sports every Saturday get it wrong but there doesn't seem to be any help for the guys to get better?

I thought after the first 20 mins of the game dundonald were the far better side saying that not a lot of clear cut chances for either side. Yep take the points and run lol I would do the same. Hopefully a better result up at your place lol. All the best for the season[emoji106]????

How many games every Saturday tho and how many do people moan about refs? A very small number. Only seems to be the criticisms that get highlighted, not the good calls and great games the refs have. For every poor ref there is 20 good ones. Do you never make mistakes at work, or even in your second job that you do as a hobby???

Over the piece last season I thought the standard wasn't too bad. If anything I think it has picked up somewhat.
If you want a laugh watch the weekly highlights of the Dankse Bank Irish Premier League on the BBC Iplayer and you'll never call our Referee's again.

Have had some really good ones and some really bad.

One thing I have noticed so far this season is that they seem to be clamping down on any kind of dissent by immediately dishing out a yellow card, don't know if there's been some kind of directive from the beaks this season??

Has anyone else noticed this or maybe it's just my imagination.

Yep 100% guys on sky sports every Saturday get it wrong but there doesn't seem to be any help for the guys to get better?

I thought after the first 20 mins of the game dundonald were the far better side saying that not a lot of clear cut chances for either side. Yep take the points and run lol I would do the same. Hopefully a better result up at your place lol. All the best for the season[emoji106]????

Cheers Big Ain and have a good season yirsels! [emoji1360]

Archived