Referees

The big ain

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Already this season I've saw three assistant refs getting pelters by opposing fans for not giving offside when players are running back from an offside position with their arms up and openly declaring that theyre not involved in the attacking move , assistant referees are getting slaughtered for not giving offsides when they're correct as these players aren't active, as said learn the rules first and then if you really need to then dish out the criticism . 

QoS use this fantastically. 

Get a striker to stand between the keeper and the last defender but never move towards the ball. A ball gets played over the top with a winger chasing it. As soon as that ball is touched by the defender the Striker is not offside as he wasn't active. Means the defender can't pass back to the keeper and he is instantly under pressure. 

17 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

QoS use this fantastically. 

Get a striker to stand between the keeper and the last defender but never move towards the ball. A ball gets played over the top with a winger chasing it. As soon as that ball is touched by the defender the Striker is not offside as he wasn't active. Means the defender can't pass back to the keeper and he is instantly under pressure. 

I like their thinking and very clever. 

Remember Rud van nistelrooy at Manchester United doing something similar at free kicks and taking advantage of the rules in being offside initially and then coming onside , he must have scored about twenty goals in doing so and it was borderline cheating but he pulled it off .

I've saw a referee 4 times now called David Dickinson , he's a young guy who talks to the players , uses common sense , level headed and does his best to calm down volatile situations therefore he will never get promoted to the seniors [emoji4] 

Surprised he didn't get promoted last season.
I rate him highly too. I like his style he just gets on with the game with no fuss.

Hurlford did a similar thing last season with by kicks. Their keeper is a long kicker and they would have one of their strikers stand well into the opposition half to receive it, often left alone as the opposition were of the opinion that you can be offside from a by-kick. Kilbirnie were caught out a couple of times with it until they cottoned on.

12 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford did a similar thing last season with by kicks. Their keeper is a long kicker and they would have one of their strikers stand well into the opposition half to receive it, often left alone as the opposition were of the opinion that you can be offside from a by-kick. Kilbirnie were caught out a couple of times with it until they cottoned on.

You shouldn't be caught out in not knowing them basic rules ; only saw it once with us and if was a rule that I thought existed and didn't . 

We played down at troon in the ardagh cup final a few years ago against Cumnock and it went to penalties , every player including  the goalies hit a penalty each and we sent up our first two players again in the exact same order as the first round ( our second player missed ) . 

Cumnock put their second spot taker up to win it for them in mcmenamin which didn't follow the order from the first round ( he's now at KRR ) and he scored to win the cup for Cumnock , remember most of us being stunned that Cumnock changed the order from the first full round of penalties but it turned out it was well within the rules , every day is a school day I guess and I wonder how many people knew that you could do that , I certainly never until that day .

Archived