Most consecutive own goals

CM.

Blackburn Rovers' (my English team) last 3 conceded goals have all been own goals by Shane Duffy. Currently 2-0 down to Cardiff with him putting through his own net twice and in the last match he put through his own net to clinch a 3-0 win for Wigan. 

So in short the same player has scored 3 consecutive own goals. Just wondering if anyone knows the Scottish record for consecutive own goals and whether or not it surpasses Shane Duffys infamous achievement? 

PS he wants to leave Blackburn so predictably all the match fixing conspiracy theories have started :lol:

On 17/08/2016 at 21:46, Duffy_ said:

2 own goals and a red card. 

What a night. 

Craigan had a few OGs (another player that springs to mind is John Philliben) but I don't think any of them were consecutive.

We did once have an Icelandic player called Jonsson.  Made his debut up at McDiarmid Park and scored an OG, gave away a penalty (which was scored), then had a slack pass back that went straight to the opposition striker to score and capped it off by being sent off.

His career total appearances for Motherwell was 1.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2016 at 15:27, Chinese Whisperer said:

Steve Nicol scored ogs in consecutive internationals :-D

Which games? My abiding memory of Steve Nicol was him pulling out of Scotland squads before making a Lazarus-like recovery to turn out for Liverpool a few days later. I'm amazed he ever featured in consecutive internationals. 

Edit: Checked. You are correct. Away to Yugoslavia and France, World Cup qualifiers in 1989...  

Archived