Irn Bru Cup 3rd Round

The Naitch

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Away to Turriff :lol: f**k that for a laugh.

Really? That's the best draw you could have gotten. Should be a cracking trip out.

We'll swap if you want?

Would expect Livi to knock out the Celtic u20 side comfortably. Be interesting to see what sort of crowd turns up for that given there is no top division football that weekend.

And that's exactly who you got!

I know we get panned for shite crowds, but for once I hope it's a fucking abysmal crowd.

I could maybe understand the addition of B teams to the league system if it was purely based on sporting merit, but this thinly veiled trial run is basically to benefit a select few clubs. Essentially b*****dising the Challenge Cup, which realistically was the only chance of silverware for most lower league sides, is still something I can't get my head round.

f**k this circus sideshow, but I'm loving the fact that the 'colt' teams were almost all horsed before the full-time teams even arrived on the scene  :lol:

I'm hoping DA Baracus was kidding about the Rangers fan doing the draw, but we're getting to the point that nothing would surprise me anymore.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

f**k this circus sideshow, but I'm loving the fact that the 'colt' teams were almost all horsed before the full-time teams even arrived on the scene  :lol:

I'm hoping DA Baracus was kidding about the Rangers fan doing the draw, but we're getting to the point that nothing would surprise me anymore.

Sadly not. I'm 100% serious. Here is the video;

https://www.periscope.tv/irnbrufootball/1rmGPDyANwZGN

And here's a picture taken from the Irn Bru Football Twitter site;

sigh.jpg

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That's about 3 years out of 4 we've drawn Stranraer away in this cup.

I have zero interest in the Irn Bru cup but had we got a decent draw I'd have been tempted to head along.

Everyone has zero interest in this cup till they get to the semi final stage, then it becomes interesting because a cup is a cup even in a farcical competition that involves colts teams.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Everyone has zero interest in this cup till they get to the semi final stage, then it becomes interesting because a cup is a cup even in a farcical competition that involves colts teams.

Not really, I love it. As a fan of Stranraer I take in interest in any game they play. 

I'd agree that this seasons competition is farcical but, I still love seeing Stranraer win in it and hope they go as far as possible. I'd presume this would be the attitude of any normal fan. 

I see others going on about boycotting. That's an easy excuse for part time supporters not to bother their arse going. 

11 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

I see others going on about boycotting. That's an easy excuse for part time supporters not to bother their arse going. 

No, it's the only effective way of protesting that we have. If you don't do it at some point, you'll be playing Rangers' weans side under 'experimental' rules for the right to win a meaningless chocolate teapot league.

It's now a Mickey Mouse trophy that uses your club to attempt to improve kids at clubs that don't need the help.

Archived