Irn Bru Cup 3rd Round

The Naitch

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this actually generating any extra revenue, then?

I see EFL teams have had a pretty well-executed boycott of their matches in the EFL Trophy tonight. Would be nice to see something similar up here, but sadly you have Old Firm apologists everywhere.

people will see it as a chance to win something but will be a brasser if the final is between a Welsh and NI team! 

I really hope that happens. Absolute minters galore for the SPFL, especially if all the bigger clubs up here treat it as the joke it is.

Fantastic to see the goings on in England last night. Would love that to be the case up here, but can't see it.

It was great to see the boycott last night due to the (legitimate IMO) fear of the slippery slope. Said slope being that the u20's teams are a vanguard that will be used to put Premiership/Old Filth 'B' teams in the lower leagues, effectively making non-Premiership football an abomination and joke.

It would be good if there was a more organised boycott up here. I shan't be going to Forfar on Saturday and hope we use the game to give all the squad a run out.

I know the Welsh/NI thing has split opinion and I understand those who are opposed. But I personally don't mind it for the novelty factor and because it doesn't hold the same future dangers that comes from the inclusion of u20's.

8 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I really hope that happens. Absolute minters galore for the SPFL, especially if all the bigger clubs up here treat it as the joke it is.

Fantastic to see the goings on in England last night. Would love that to be the case up here, but can't see it.

It wont because we have a Self Preservation Society up here, I feel for the wee'er teams though as it may actually cost them money to put some of these games on! 

I quite like the NI and Welsh teams involvement at the moment for the novelty value it'll be interesting to see how it works out and I'll be at the Forfar game on sat.

As for the u20s I think it's a bad thing and agree with those who think it's a backdoor for them into the league in their own right, I won't be there to see us play them even if we drew one of them in a final in the future.

Although crowds were low last night it looks to me going by what I've read that it was the under 21 teams that were being specifically boycotted rather than the whole tournament. And of course in the irn bru cup there is only one under 20 team left so it's pretty much like the normal challenge cup from here on in (unless you get drawn away in Wales or NI£

Is this actually generating any extra revenue, then?

I see EFL teams have had a pretty well-executed boycott of their matches in the EFL Trophy tonight. Would be nice to see something similar up here, but sadly you have Old Firm apologists everywhere.

Not sure why anyone watching proceedings this weekend would be "apologising" for the one, crap, bigot entrant left tbh.

Onto the games:  

QP play the Ton on Saturday at Hampden and I'm hoping that the absence of other matches in the city will bring out a decent crowd for a 3.00pm kick off. 

I'd see Gus using some of the fringe players to give them game time, but probably not too many. I'm sure he'll be salivating at the prospect of a trip to Bala Town away in the next round.  I certain am.

Cannae be arsed with extra time etc as I have something half-decent on that night, so let's get this mob pumped within the 90 minutes, Queen's.

Onto the games:  

QP play the Ton on Saturday at Hampden and I'm hoping that the absence of other matches in the city will bring out a decent crowd for a 3.00pm kick off. 

I'd see Gus using some of the fringe players to give them game time, but probably not too many. I'm sure he'll be salivating at the prospect of a trip to Bala Town away in the next round.  I certain am.

Cannae be arsed with extra time etc as I have something half-decent on that night, so let's get this mob pumped within the 90 minutes, Queen's.

Not arsed about this competition one bit and wouldn't care if we get papped out. Hopefully Duffy names himself on the bench for a laugh.

20 hours ago, Scosha said:

Not arsed about this competition one bit and wouldn't care if we get papped out. Hopefully Duffy names himself on the bench for a laugh.

Duffy and Gus on the same touchline. That'll be entertainment, never mind the game.

This tournament is just a warm-up for The QP. It's our 150th anniversary year so all our focus is on winning the Scottish cup again. Been far too long.

#fitbascominghome#believe

Archived