Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Whats fun about it? I just signed Carmichael for Queens (should already have been there but never mind)

One fan is "infatuated", one says its "no lose", one says "whats he done?" and the other says "dont get the complaints"

Its like a more nonsensical version of the press interviews

Its just something different, it'll no doubt get tedious eventually but its a different take on things, and will add a twist to career threads

28 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

I lost to Videoton in the euro cup :lol:

What formation did you play? Went 4-2-4 wide counter myself. Had to play Harris out on the left since I STILL can't find any left wingers

I'm having great fun. Gradually progressed from a 0-0 draw with Arbroath in the League Cup to then qualify top. Started the league season with a 3-1 win away to Thistle that was closer than the scoreline suggests, then just savaged Hearts 7-2 at McDiarmid :lol:

2r22io7.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

What formation did you play? Went 4-2-4 wide counter myself. Had to play Harris out on the left since I STILL can't find any left wingers

Went with a 3-5-2 at home & 4-3-1-2 away.

I've signed Onyedinma on loan from Millwall, going 4-2-3-1 just now but I'm struggling.

My 7-2 pumping of Hearts led to a run of 2 wins in 9 matches including a 4-0 loss at home to Hibs in the League Cup. My first save curse of starting well, imploding, being sacked by February, seems to be well on course.

Just found out you can send players over 28 away on coaching courses, and when the times comes it'll mean their staff attributes are better.

On 14/10/2016 at 09:23, Mr X said:

Just had a quick flick through the video. Bit of a mixed bag. The match engine looks nicer, although some of the bits of play in the video look a bit odd. Transfers and contracts look to be improved, although the proof of all of these will actually be in the realism of them not just the options available.

The social feed can GTF. Likewise the draft and create a club.

You're a right moaning b*****d. Stop buying the game if you're as disillusioned as you make out. 

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Im fine thanks, but appreciate your input.

Not sure why you think only positive comments are allowed

Your comments are somewhat undermined by your inability to do something about your alleged disappointment. In fact the only action you've taken is to buy the game prior to its release. You've posted about 5-6  times in this topic about how shite the changes are, yet still lapped it up - on pre-order no less. Feel free to post all the negatives you'd like, you're entitled to your opinion and at least now they're based around your experience playing the game - I just still think it's a bit rich coming from someone who couldn't even wait to hear how the game plays before buying, tis all.

3 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Your comments are somewhat undermined by your inability to do something about your alleged disappointment. In fact the only action you've taken is to buy the game prior to its release. You've posted about 5-6  times in this topic about how shite the changes are, yet still lapped it up - on pre-order no less. Feel free to post all the negatives you'd like, you're entitled to your opinion and at least now they're based around your experience playing the game - I just still think it's a bit rich coming from someone who couldn't even wait to hear how the game plays before buying, tis all.

What an odd way to look at it.

I commented on the info that was available, ie the video. I said some parts looked rubbish and, so far, they have been. Having played every single version since its release in 1992 I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like to see in the game and what I dont. It also, pretty much, guarantees that Im going to buy the game each year too.

Undermined?  Im disappointed in many of the changes, as they're fluff around the edges - Id rather see the dev time spent on improving more fundamentals - but that doesnt mean I wont enjoy the game. I've been disappointed in aspects of previous versions too. Hasnt stopped me buying them or enjoying them

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

What an odd way to look at it.

I commented on the info that was available, ie the video. I said some parts looked rubbish and, so far, they have been. Having played every single version since its release in 1992 I have a pretty good idea of what I'd like to see in the game and what I dont. It also, pretty much, guarantees that Im going to buy the game each year too.

Undermined?  Im disappointed in many of the changes, as they're fluff around the edges - Id rather see the dev time spent on improving more fundamentals - but that doesnt mean I wont enjoy the game. I've been disappointed in aspects of previous versions too. Hasnt stopped me buying them or enjoying them

The only change you've suggested so far is a change to a subscription based model. I don't actually disagree, I think it'd be better for the customer, but I don't see it being viable given the eventual failure of FM Live and I suspect Sports Interactive's FM-generated revenue would plummet comparatively.  Perhaps more importantly, I also don't see how it'd be a more suitable platform for the major overhauls you appear to crave. If anything I think it'd allow them to rest on their laurels even more. 

1 minute ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

The only change you've suggested so far is a change to a subscription based model. I don't actually disagree, I think it'd be better for the customer, but I don't see it being viable given the eventual failure of FM Live and I suspect Sports Interactive's FM-generated revenue would plummet comparatively.  Perhaps more importantly, I also don't see how it'd be a more suitable platform for the major overhauls you appear to crave. If anything I think it'd allow them to rest on their laurels even more. 

Thats probably the only one Ive mentioned recently! 

FM Live was different though, it was online multiplayer and failed because of that.

I dont see why revenues would, necessarily, decrease. The RRP of FM17 is around £35 - thats less than £3 per month. A first time, one-off purchase of around £10-£15 and a monthly subscription of anywhere between £3 and £5 would see them make more money. I'd also guess there would be enough people willing to pay even more for priority access to updates etc. 

I dont crave major overhauls, in fact I want the complete opposite - incremental improvements over time. Its how a lot of software works, particularly that used by businesses.

If they rest on their laurels people would start cancelling their subscriptions. They'd be forced to keep the quality up and to keep making improvements, genuine improvements, to keep a large enough subscriber base to make money. Thats why they dont do it

21 hours ago, SGMilne said:

With the beta out today, please remember that the database still has time for errors to be updated.

With that said...

Known Issues:
Josh Skelly still on loan at Arbroath

Skelly is on loan at us - that isn't an issue! ;)