Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

What's with penalties in this game? Never get fucking scored :lol:
Nice knowing your keeper will save them all, frustrating as f**k when you never score any though. 

Scoring penalties during the game is no problem for me, its bloody penalty shoot outs. I'm 8 seasons into my Leeds save and have been involved in about 5 penalty shoot outs, lost every single one.

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

What's with penalties in this game? Never get fucking scored :lol:

Nice knowing your keeper will save them all, frustrating as f**k when you never score any though. 

I'm having the same issue, I just figured my entire team was shite at penalties but I'm glad that I'm not the only one.  My in match success rate is around 50% from the spot.

I think it was last year's edition - but I mind saying to my mate, I'd never seen a penalty saved. Seen plenty of misses, plenty of goals but never a save of note.

Ever since, that's all I've seen.

Started a Leverkusen save, ooooft they have some talent in their ranks. 

Into my third season and 5 clear at the top after winning the league and getting to the quarters of the champions league last season. 

Sold a few on and brought a few in.

team at the moment is

Fraser Forster with David Raya as back up

Mayke Tah Engels Wendell

Tapia  Aranguiz

sterling   Calhanoglu   Brandt 

Morata

got a good few kicking their heels that would be first picks elsewhere but just can't drop many of them. Morata had scored 23 in 14 including three hat tricks before October. My best player last season was Hernandez but Chelsea turned his head and £53 million later he was offski. I'm out the champs league this season draw wasn't kind with Psg and Ac Milan along with Maribor. europa league for me but fancy my chances. Sterling only on loan til end of the season and only just signed Matic but he will be mainly back up. Managed to wheel and deal that squad off £20 odd million transfer kitty at the start of each season. 

Bayern been in disarray last couple of seasons dropping points all over the shop. Won the league last year by 6 and 5 clear by February this year and Dortmund been disappointing although they have Kasper Dollberg and Isak who have been scoring for fun but defence is shaky.

Edited by Broony88

1 hour ago, dysartrovers said:

Has anybody else had the 2022 world cup moved? Mine has been moved to Morocco due to club protests about scheduling

I think it gets moved in every save tbh, certainly every one I've played. Always to a different place though, Canada and China off the top of my head.

Got everything sorted after the laptop's brain fart, and I decided to start a Scotland/Accies save with 2 different managers. Why does the Scotland save start off with two friendlies in the middle of when the Euros should be taking place, and you can't pick the squad? All seems a bit daft.

Haven't really enjoyed FM17 at all, spent most of the time in the editor trying to create something completely new I've been planning for a while.  Started another save with Scotland though, letting you play a small amount of matches and cover a lot of time.

Managed to top the World Cup Qualifying group after England had an absolute shitemare.  While we pumped Lithuania 7-2, England drew away to Slovenia.  When we beat Slovenia at home 1-0, they were stinking Wembley out against Slovakia with a 0-0.  They beat us 1-0 at Wembley (close game) to cut the gap a little, but in the 4th round of games, while we scored a 94th minute winner against Slovakia at Hampden, they lost 2-1 in Malta.  Lol.

Lost again at Hampden to England later on in the campaign, as well as a very poor performance in Slovenia to lose 3-1, but a glowing record elsewhere to top the group by a point as we beat Malta 4-2 in the final game.  

4sxNRgf.png

Burke is an absolute monster in this game.  Started trying to play a 3-5-2 with Burke as the second striker, and he's dominating.  We went to the World Cup, got drawn with Switzerland, South Korea and Brazil, but had an absolute nightmare.  Burke put us 2-0 up in the first half against Switzerland in the opening game, but then pulled his hamstring.  Out for two weeks - and the rest of the group stage - but before we found that out Switzerland scored 4 in the second half.  Got a 1-1 draw against South Korea, but Brazil absolutely dismantled us 6-1 in the 3rd game to send us home.

Then they sacked me.  Fucking SFA.

Added another manager to start the Euros campaign where we got France, Slovakia, Romania and Luxembourg, and already won our Nations League group, so should be plain sailing to the Euros.

Oh aye, and got Kris Doolan 6 caps and 2 goals on his debut.  Beautiful.

You massive pedant :P

Oh aye, and got Kris Doolan 6 caps.  2 goals on his debut too.  Beautiful.

Fixed it for you, but really I don't think getting 6 caps in one game is really beyond Doolan.

Edited by forameus

I still find the Scottish Premiership unplayable, every team signs an utter random young striker on loan who scores 20 goals a season. I'm in November and there's five of them, at different clubs, already on 15.

On 4/29/2017 at 20:07, RandomGuy. said:

I still find the Scottish Premiership unplayable, every team signs an utter random young striker on loan who scores 20 goals a season. I'm in November and there's five of them, at different clubs, already on 15.

I get what you mean, but in the early game I'd go with the mantra of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". You can get some ridiculous bargains via the loan system since a lot of clubs are happy if you offer 50% of their wages for the season, sometimes 0%.

I get what you mean, but in the early game I'd go with the mantra of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". You can get some ridiculous bargains via the loan system since a lot of clubs are happy if you offer 50% of their wages for the season, sometimes 0%.

I just can't bring myself to do it for some reason