Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There never really is until the month building up to it

Really? I dont remember pre-orders being available with no info on the game in the past

37 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

there is a trailer out for it 

O.M.G. you now get regular emails with commercial summary and your finances .... hold me back

Looks like the exact same game with some graphs instead of text and nicer graphics in-match, which was probably the least important bit of the game.

It is astounding the contempt that SI treat their customers with. From Miles' "I make the game you just play it and don't know anything" tact on Twitter to not releasing any details about it aside from a few sketchy screenshots in a video on Twitter. It's as if they take for granted that the same people will spend £35 year after year.

All that said, I'll buy it and play it endlessly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2016 at 18:58, kerrdavidson95 said:

It is astounding the contempt that SI treat their customers with. From Miles' "I make the game you just play it and don't know anything" tact on Twitter to not releasing any details about it aside from a few sketchy screenshots in a video on Twitter. It's as if they take for granted that the same people will spend £35 year after year.

All that said, I'll buy it and play it endlessly.

Miles is a special case, and only gives it out to people that give him it.  I find it quite refreshing to be honest.

Plus there is a full feature video in editing apparently.  It'll drop at the weekend presumably, once the loyalty discount drops.  Given you can probably pick it up with at least 20% off on some of online sites, there's no real need to buy it yet.

Haven't paid too much attention to speculation/confirmed features, but got a funny feeling we're not far away from them including women's football in some capacity given that it's getting a higher profile. Maybe not this version but can see them including it within the next 5 years.

I'd be quite happy with it tbh.

Quite like the social media aspects - it'll be nice if they include a way so that fans will comment on your managers skin colour so that if you're non-white and managing, say, Chelsea, a poor run of form will see fans contemplating throwing bananas at you or asking whether you are failing as a manager because you're too busy molesting children in Rotherham.

Not watched it, but something I've always wanted is for Chairmen to have more of a personality, or even just certain ways they manage the club.

You get ones more interested in youth development or that, but what about ones that encourage you to spend beyond your means, or ones who refuse to run the club at a loss.

They maybe do that already tbh, but there's no real indication of it

Just had a quick flick through the video. Bit of a mixed bag. The match engine looks nicer, although some of the bits of play in the video look a bit odd. Transfers and contracts look to be improved, although the proof of all of these will actually be in the realism of them not just the options available.

The social feed can GTF. Likewise the draft and create a club.

I skipped FM 16, so to me the amount of added probably doubles (things like create a club, manager touchline etc) and I'll probably get this one. Transfers and contracts do look to be improved, but as mentioned we'll see when it comes out.

Oh, and I like the social media aspect. Think it's good if it leads to more opinions from fans.

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What's the social media thing?

Its right near the start of the video. Basically a stream of social media type posts about you, players etc

Looks awful and pointless.

Having watched the video, I'd still say its a mixed bag - imagine spending even more time on the fucking avatar thing - but there are some genuine improvements. I've already buckled and pre-order it :lol:

Is this the last day of the discounted price if you have previous versions?

Also it was fun when your regens started moaning on social media about the club. More of that plz

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is this the last day of the discounted price if you have previous versions?

Also it was fun when your regens started moaning on social media about the club. More of that plz

Yesterday was the last day to get Touch for free and guaranteed beta access. I never saw a discount if you have previous versions. That would be nice, a couple of quid off per version and they'd be paying me :lol:

Turns out it was yesterday that was the last day for the discount, I'd have been due 20% off.

Gutting but I completely forgot about it this month with PES and FIFA coming out and the complete lack of announcements.

Guess I'll pay the price for my stupidity. The beta can only be a week or two away aswell.