Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

22 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Has anyone ever won an appeal against a red card? Don't think I have over the last couple of years' games.

Yes. Not often, but a couple of ones. Joe Gomez got one rescinded for my Southampton team.

24 minutes ago, David W said:

Yes. Not often, but a couple of ones. Joe Gomez got one rescinded for my Southampton team.

Nice to know it's not just a pointless feature then. Usually appeal them all in my seething mess after they've cost me a point or three.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite having the game since release, I've only really started getting into a save this month, due to being offshore.

Started as St.Mirren, medium database, with major European Leagues loaded and no transfers for the first window.

Currently varying between a simple 4-4-2, Standard back 4, two support wingers, a central midfielder on defend, the other as an attacking playmaker. A Deep Striker on support and an Advanced forward. And a 4-3-3 which is much the same, but with an added central midfielder. The base instructions seem to get a lot more out of the players, than specific roles.

Started the season very well, 7 wins in the league and 1 defeat at home to Hibs. A semi final of the Betfred Cup against Hearts after shitfesting wins against weak ICT and Aberdeen teams in the earlier round, and a quarter final against Dunfermline in the challenge cup.

Loy and Smith have formed a decent strike partnership, with Sutton, Clarkson and McGinn suffering serious injuries that put them out for 4 months. Magennis is being re-trained into a right midfield role. My back 4, despite not playing particularly well have kept 7 clean sheets from 16 games, although 5 against lower league opposition. 

I expect to lose some key players in January, with Mallan and Magennis being linked with moves away already.

Nearly succeeded in my goal of winning the champions league with a (mostly) Scottish Celtic team.  Got to the final in 2024 only to be pumped 5-2 by Man United.  Starting XI contained 9 Scots and 2 Italians.  Bench had 4 Scots, 1 Italian, 1 Portuguese, and 1 Dane.

20170519081014_1.jpg

Tried starting a season last night, only loaded 4 countries and 8 leagues. Laptop just couldn't seem to handle it, it is a new laptop, and never really had an issue before. Literally bought it to play FM. Anybody know of any ways to speed it up?

Playing a long term game with Salford City found the way to Championship in 2025 only to be stuck in the league and club simply has no money to push higher to challenge to get into the premier league. Lost in play offs last two seasons but no funds to bring in better.

Moved into a new 15,000 seater stadium and its full most weeks after leaving Moor Lanes 5,000 a week.

Relying on loans for Italy to keep the costs down. Youth set up is so poor player quality cant even use them.

Tried starting a season last night, only loaded 4 countries and 8 leagues. Laptop just couldn't seem to handle it, it is a new laptop, and never really had an issue before. Literally bought it to play FM. Anybody know of any ways to speed it up?

Have you tried to play the game or are you going by the star rating that you get at the start?

Amazingly went 120 league games undefeated with my Dortmund team, never been on a run like it. Won the German cup 5/6 times in a row as well, so probs over 150 games undefeated domestically.

Just had my 1st loss there, a 0-3 defeat to Wolfsburg and I've taken the huff and rage quit. Glory hunter.

Started a career in lower league England trying to turn FC United into a decent side, and I get stuff coming up in the social feed about Saints breaking the Championship points record in the second season. Click on the league to see how far ahead they are, and with 3 games to play, they're 4th. The "points record" they are aiming to break has already been surpassed by Hibs and Falkirk. Weird. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2017 at 09:21, Londonwell said:

Amazingly went 120 league games undefeated with my Dortmund team, never been on a run like it. Won the German cup 5/6 times in a row as well, so probs over 150 games undefeated domestically.

Just had my 1st loss there, a 0-3 defeat to Wolfsburg and I've taken the huff and rage quit. Glory hunter.

I've never had an unbeaten season, but I came close with Celtic in season 2024-25.  Was unbeaten domestically but with 3 games to go my team shat the bed in an away game at Falkirk, lost 2-1 despite having like 5 times more shots and 61% possession.  Made up for it in the next game by stuffing Sevco 6-0 and then won the Scottish cup by beating Aberdeen 7-0 in the final lol, including 4 goals from Oliver Burke.

Anyone looking for a Scottish update - be it from me or elsewhere on the internet, will have some wait on because the Scottish League Cup doesn't co-operate when you change the European qualifiers over to this seasons.

No matter what I try it doesn't work, and tried someone else's update and got the same result - it's either a huge bug or needs more trial and error.

Shame really because if I could fix this one issue, it'd be fine to release for download etc.

On 16 got sheffield united up into the EPL via play offs. Spunked my budget on Griffiths and some lad called Bueno. Left with a rotten defense and had a torrid pre season, including a defeat in Inverness. There won't even be a relegation battle, just a procession of sssshite.

On 6/24/2017 at 09:37, LondonHMFC said:

Started a season this morning with FC Eindhoven in the Dutch second division, sod all money, fairly crap facilities, but a few decent players. Looking forward to this one.

Fucking load of pish. Sacked with two games to go being 5 points off the play offs. 

Really odd league, they have four sections of the season (9 games a section) and whoever is top at the end of the section gets a place in the play off.

Scottish Premiership Season 2024/25 (in FM)

Club                      Manager                

1. Thistle                Me 

2. Sevco                Billy Davies 

3. Celtic                 David Moyes 

4. Inverness CT     Allan Johnston 

5.Dundee United   Alan Archibald 

6. St Johnstone    Malky Mackay

7. St Mirren          Jack Ross 

8. Hibs                 Paul Hartley         

9. Dundee            John Hughes

10. Hearts            Craig Levein 

11. Aberdeen       Peter Houston