Queen's Park V Livingston Hospitality.

14 hours ago, Phantoms Livi Lass said:

This promises to be far more rewarding than that pie offer at Albion Rovers. Oh boy, you are going to be stuffed after the 90 mins. 

Fortunately you and I have a special tiffin arrangement so I've no need to stoop to such vulgarity what.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Desieboy1 said:

Fair comment .Im a bit auld for this forum lark .So bare with me..

The reason it is up this early is that the bookings need to be in for the Tuesday before the game and as anyone knows getting a group of people to agree anything takes a few days.

Fair comment back. Nothing wrong with trying to boost the coffers.

May as well keep this as the match thread.

Don't really know what to expect from the teams in this division, thought Stenny would sit in and frustrate us but they played an open game, which was entertaining to watch. Thought Stranraer would be tough but they weren't.

Having played 3 games and looking at results it maybe gives us a little more to go on and so far QP and East Fife look like being tough games. It looks like EF gave Alloa a hard game anyway and expect QP will be a hard game for us too.

Maybe after the first quarter managers will change tactics against us but hopefully just now we'll continue to play open attacking games and see plenty of goals, certainly suiting us playing like that anyway.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe after the first quarter managers will change tactics against us but hopefully just now we'll continue to play open attacking games and see plenty of goals, certainly suiting us playing like that anyway.

Our biggest challenge last season was coping with teams who came to Hampden and parked the bus. We often enjoyed possession of 60% + in a game with little effort on target. I'm hoping this year that every team will come to Hampden and play an open game and allow us the room to play the passing game we love. Not expecting many points from Livi or Alloa but if it helps raise the bar a bit it should help us get better against the teams who we'll most likely share the lower half of the table with. 

Big games keep coming, it'll be a tough game but the kinda game we have to be winning if we are going to win the league.

No doubt about it, we are a big threat going forward, we have goals in the team all over the park.

The big park should help, wouldn't surprise me to see Josh Mullin brought back in with him and Cadden deployed on the wings but who do you take out ? 

Need a big performance to keep the pressure on Alloa to keep winning, would set up an absolute cracker at Alloa if we do win.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Big games keep coming, it'll be a tough game but the kinda game we have to be winning if we are going to win the league.

No doubt about it, we are a big threat going forward, we have goals in the team all over the park.

The big park should help, wouldn't surprise me to see Josh Mullin brought back in with him and Cadden deployed on the wings but who do you take out ? 

Need a big performance to keep the pressure on Alloa to keep winning, would set up an absolute cracker at Alloa if we do win.

Maybe drop Buchanan to the bench again if Mullin comes back in, can't see Miller or Byrne being dropped, they're helping Pittman to go up as an attacking midfielder come striker. Buchanan is playing more as a midfielder too, most of the time Pittman is further forward than him.

Funny how things change, I was wanting Buchanan on instead of Mullen at the start when Buchanan was on the bench, but you can't argue with Mullen's form just now, 4 goals in 3 games. Gives us great options from the bench anyway, whichever player starts the ones that come on  as subs are going to make a good impact on the game. 

Same as last week's game in my eyes - absolutely have to be winning these sort of games, with respect to Queen's Park, if we're to be challenging for the title. I agree with you Andy, big pitch at Hampden so hopefully we'll see the best of Cadden and Mullin. I'd be tempted to keep Mullen up top on his own, dropping Buchanan to bring Mullin in, brilliant that we have so many options to be fair. The midfield three for me are undroppable, can't fault any of them for their performances thus far.

Very poor from us today, was like watching is last season constantly humping balls to no one. 

QP where well organised as expected and made it very difficult for us by sitting really deep but all credit it worked and we didn't really work the keeper at all, although apparently there was 3 players playing Mullin onside for our chopped off goal. 

Really though if we'd have got anything from that it would've been undeserved.

The most disappointing thing for me today was we didn't look interested in the slightest, came out for the start of the game in bits and bobs as if we weren't ready for the game and that's what it looked like, the team that wanted it more won the game.

Not going to get into them too much though, 9 points from 12 is acceptable, the poor result is only magnified because Alloa have started unbelievably well, does make that game massive now though, even at this early stage falling 6 points behind would be huge. 

It's results like today that make you reflect just how far we've come. Not long over two years ago we were rock bottom of the bottom tier of Scottish football, being routinely dispatched at a temporary "home" ground and thinking about the potential dangers of next season. Fast forward a couple of years and we're in the league above and holding our own against very decent sides. The players have been magnificent, so far, this season and they and the management team deserve an enormous amount of credit. Gus just keeps plucking guys from the juniors who are able to slot in and perform at a higher level. 

We've had QP teams who have been silkier and easier on the eye than this one, but we've not had a squad that battles like this one since we won the title at the turn of the century. We're still in for a hell of a tough fight, but if ever there was a team of players who were up for the fight it's these guys. 

Seems we can expect that every decent result will be met with some comment about Gus and negative football. 

Really isn't what I've experienced over the last few years and today.   Again I may be biased, but I think we had the best of the chances today, and although it was a fighting performance and we defended bravely, we kept trying to pass and move and not resort to packing the defence and punting up-field.

Livi are clearly a good footballing side, but Gus has us punching above our weight and playing organised football.

Fair play to QP, had their tactics down to a tee today and ultimately deserved their win. Easily the worst we have been all season, and gutting that it's happened on the back of three terrific wins. The game against Ayr in the LC was a lot like today, struggled to break down a team when the onus was on us to attack. Definitely something Hopkin needs to solve as I doubt today will be the last time we'll come up against it this season, respectfully. Have to say bringing Mullen and Cadden off was mystifying, you can already tell Mikey Miller is one of his favourites. Guy will just never be hauled off. :lol:

I think QP will surprise a few people this season. It wasn't "pretty" football but if it's as effective for the rest of the season as it was today against us then who cares?

Archived