Alloa vs East Fife

But it is difficult for strikers when they only get part games, it would probably be best to put him out on loan to a team where he would get regular games to build his confidence:whistle

Yeah very difficult for them i fully agree, you still cant have him as it would leave us very thin as we are already short of squad number and he would be guaranteed to score against us.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the above post, loaning him out isn't an option. He's capable in this league and he just needs to get his head back into it and he'll start scoring. When he's enjoying his football defences struggle to stop him but yesterday he was poor. Jogging after the ball, slack passes etc.

The free-kick for Flanny's goal doesn't look like the right decision. I don't know how refs can give handball decisions for shots at pace that hit arms at close range, but it happens all the time.

It looks a much closer game on the highlights, but at the time it didn't feel like we were in much danger until after we'd made our substitutions.

On 8/20/2016 at 19:54, flyfifer48 said:

.I also thought they had more impressive players than Goodwin. He will probably be thinking good money for what he does bit I think he will be finished by January  the phonies always eleminate themselves. 

:lol: utterly bizarre statement

On 8/20/2016 at 20:47, King Kebab said:

Well that was at least a guaranteed point and a chance of all three totally thrown away. Alloa may have taken the three points today but only because they were absolutely gifted to them not because they outfought or outplayed us at any stage of the game, they were gifted a free kick that wasn't a free kick by the ref (still well put away though) and gifted a second by us and even then after those gifts they still nearly lost it at the end!!!
Not surprised to see that we had the most shots on target of the two sides and that the Alloa keeper made the most saves, that's the way the game looked to me, but when Kevin Smith's unbelievable run and shot beats everybody but the shot hits the post and bounces back into the arms of the sprawled out keeper and when the referee chooses to ignore quite obvious penalty decisions you know it just isn't going to be your day!!!
So fair play to Alloa, they won but they certainly aren't all that!!!

So youre saying that Alloa nearly lost the game at the end? East Fife had one half chance in stoppage time after the goal which was comfortably held by Parry. 

I thought we bossed a lot of the midfield and put in a good performance. Agree with the East Fife manager that they restricted Alloa to few openings before the opener, and he can feel fairly aggrieved at the award which led to that goal. I dont think any Alloa supporters have been running their mouths about the team, despite the obvious excellent start- others have. 

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

On 21/08/2016 at 10:05, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Do we really not give child discounts for away fans? Shocking, if so.

We do

Aye, I just noticed the total was £48 for two adults and two kids. Would have been £64 otherwise.

Not great, but that's the game these days.

Two adults and two kids would have been £32 at the Nou Bayview!!!

THAT is the game these days, attract them in, not put them off!!!

Don't think anyone's claiming that at all. We think the general admission should be priced better, and some of our support have to pay it every second week.

You're coming across as a bit angry here, where I used to remember you as one of the better posters on here in the past. 

On 20/08/2016 at 22:03, Waspie said:

You won't get any argument on that point from Alloa fans. I could see why they were charging £16 in the second tier, although it was still a bit much IMO, but they really should have dropped it by a pound or two for this season. They will argue that they invested in very good players over the summer and are trying to get straight back up.

As for being family friendly, our board have made an effort down the years to attract more fans but despite increased community involvement in general, the crowds on Saturday afternoon haven't gone up. That's despite Alloa winning back to back promotions, spending 3 years in the Championship and defeating the likes of Rangers and Hibs. I can see why they just ended up charging £16 for those who are willing to pay.

8 wins from 8 is a terrific achievement, and averaging almost 3 goals a game on the way. 2 Premier League sides knocked out of the League Cup, as well as the team currently sitting top of the Championship. We might not be "all that", but we can't be too bad ;).

:huh:

If you weren't in the same div you might well get him on loan but Don't think JR will loan him to another div 1 side 

Needs a good boot up the arse I would give him 90 mins tonight vs Albion rovers and tell him to get his finger out 

He thinks he should be starting every week 

Seemed very uninterested on Saturday !!!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Oh well, that's ok then!!!

Calm down, KK. Stick on the Kentucky Fried Movie/Amazon Women on the Moon double bill and find some nice disturbing random images that we can all enjoy  :thumsup2

Needs a good boot up the arse I would give him 90 mins tonight vs Albion rovers and tell him to get his finger out 

He thinks he should be starting every week 

Seemed very uninterested on Saturday !!!

Get him told!!

Archived