Alloa vs East Fife

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you deliberately turn off the internal-facing speakers in the stand a few games ago, or was it a technical fault?

It was marvellous either way. I'd pay extra to be able to have a conversation at half-time without screaming in people's ears.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Did you deliberately turn off the internal-facing speakers in the stand a few games ago, or was it a technical fault?

It was marvellous either way. I'd pay extra to be able to have a conversation at half-time without screaming in people's ears.

No bud at ht put only pitch speakers on that way u can chat and here people u want that every week 

East Fife...first game of season after winning league...flag day...home to Albion Rovers...odds on...banker...etc etc etc...fecking drawing 2-2 having led twice costing me £420! Bloody Fifers! 

Alloa 0 - 1 East Fife no doubt noo!

Alloa are my favourites for the league on paper but football matches aren't done on paper with Alloa going good after two wins in league and progress in the league cup aswell, Well this is a mouth water game this Saturday it's turning out to be hopefully after tonight and Saturday's wins on the road could we sneak a draw or maybe even stop their winning streak...very interesting this match will be... Saying 1-1.

33 minutes ago, colin H said:

Alloa away in the cup rubbish like

True dat.

Hope we both give the competition the respect it deserves and play randoms from the crowd. Not the supporters teams, mind; just randoms who haven't played since school. The supporters teams have more important things to do.

Strange question for Alloa fans here but is there anywhere available to buy Alloa strips in person rather than online? Looking to buy one tomorrow but need it for tomorrow

You'll get one in the club shop at the game tomorrow if you're going. If not I think the leisure bowl used to sell them but no sure if they still do

You'll get one in the club shop at the game tomorrow if you're going. If not I think the leisure bowl used to sell them but no sure if they still do

Was hoping to go to the Morton game actually but was wanting to get an Alloa strip bought for someone beforehand. Looks like I'm out of luck.

On Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 10:26, east fife for life said:

Alloa are absolutely flying at the moment but their bubble will have to burst eventually and hopefully it will be on Saturday. Tough ask but I'd be happy with a point against the league favourites.

The run will come to an end at some point and after a decent start themselves, East Fife will fancy their chances of being the team who do it.  Jack Ross once again spoke well after the Stranraer game though of the challenge of maintaining good form when everyone is waiting for it to crash. That's encouraging. 

East Fife did very well against us in 2010/11, whereas the  last time I recall us really dominating the fixture was 98/99 when Irvine and Cameron gave EF a torrid time. Other than those seasons, games between the sides have tended to be pretty tight. 

Yeah I remember a game at the new ground when EF hammered Alloa for 90 mins & lost 4-0! Irvine scored with a free kick from out on the touch line & Mark Cairns was Alloa's MOTM! The Wasps certainly had the Indian sign over us then! Would settle for a reversal of that today!

39 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Yeah I remember a game at the new ground when EF hammered Alloa for 90 mins & lost 4-0! Irvine scored with a free kick from out on the touch line & Mark Cairns was Alloa's MOTM! The Wasps certainly had the Indian sign over us then! Would settle for a reversal of that today!

I remember that game pretty much exactly how you do. Irvine's free kick caught out the keeper and it's the only goal of the four I remember. Still remember sitting in the stand thinking if East Fife just get one back they'll still have a chance because as you say, we were taking a battering and the pressure was relentless. The bar and post saved us in one attack and I think once we came through that unscathed it was a case of "they'll never score today" and we could breathe easier.

I remember a game at The Recs not long after we were promoted out of the bottom tier and we were 1-0 up when Spider (I think) was sent off halfway through the first half. Think we all thought we were in for a pummelling once that happened but we scored almost straight away when Butcher was sent clean through and we ended up winning that game comfortably 5-1.

A 2-2 draw at Bayview is also fondly remembered. Barrie Moffat got one of our goals, McKechnie maybe the other, but it was the Willie McCulloch incident with Mark Cowan at a corner which most Alloa fans will remember. Mark was sent off for a 'phantom elbow' on the keeper who made a miraculous recovery as soon as the card was shown. I used to see Willie McCulloch doing his rounds in his meat van for a few years before/after that. Was actually quite a sound guy but a few Alloa fans never tired of giving him stick whenever he played against us for the next few seasons after that incident. Ah, the good old days.

Archived