The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

For what it's worth, my two cents are: his persona probably didn't reflect well on the club and the way it's perceived publicly. Think the board would have overlooked that if he'd got them up. He didn't, and much as those of an EK persuasion can come on here and argue his job was to win the Lowland, with that budget and squad and with the opponents they faced ( buckie and cowden) he failed by not getting them up.

4 minutes ago, surely not! said:

For what it's worth, my two cents are: his persona probably didn't reflect well on the club and the way it's perceived publicly. Think the board would have overlooked that if he'd got them up. He didn't, and much as those of an EK persuasion can come on here and argue his job was to win the Lowland, with that budget and squad and with the opponents they faced ( buckie and cowden) he failed by not getting them up.

How much was 'that budget'?

Some response from EK to have the majority of the squad signed up again for next season, on the same day the Manager leaves, looks like 13 of 2016/17 squad have been retained, with only 2-3 still to decide their future.

Wonder how many of them knew the gaffer was gone/going? You'd think if they knew then for them all to sign again he wasn't particularly liked as often there's a good number who leave a club when a manager leaves at this level. Alternative is that they didn't know he was on his way. Pretty slim chance that they knew and all chose to sign anyway without knowing who is in charge- particularly considering they don't pay much.......

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:09, The_Judge said:

Pretty much as I predicted :unsure:.

If players or managers perform well at this level it can't be a surprise when teams further up the chain take an interest.  Joao had a very good season for us and I wish him the best of luck at Rovers.  I think McLean was only on loan and is a young lad who will be hoping he can forge a career at a higher level.

How many appearances / goals did Joao get for EK in the season just finished. Thanks

50 minutes ago, The Pastmaster said:

How many appearances / goals did Joao get for EK in the season just finished. Thanks

26 goals all in, 16 in the league. Had a list of scorers in the play off programme against us and he scored last week in the cup final. No idea how much apps he made.

5 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

26 goals all in, 16 in the league. Had a list of scorers in the play off programme against us and he scored last week in the cup final. No idea how much apps he made.

The LL is Victoria's level, I may be proved wrong but I think he will be back in the LL at some point.

The LL is Victoria's level, I may be proved wrong but I think he will be back in the LL at some point.

You are spot on. He has made step up a couple of times and it hasnt worked for him. Think he is a bit lightweight at that level. Hope he proves me wrong as on his day he can be unplayable. Would be happy to have him back for christmas tho[emoji51].

9 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Aye I would agree with you never worked out at a QP side who finished bottom of the table and an Arbroath side who finished 2nd bottom probably eventually end up back at EK.