The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

10 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

I was at the wind up as mantis had already dug the judge out for not giving welfare players a mention. Just a wee joke that flew over your head.

Christ I never noticed the Mantis' post (tend to ignore the miserable old ... :P ) ...apologies John. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Matchday 18 - Saturday 30th December - Cumbernauld Colts (H)

East Kilbride FC 0 -1 Cumbernauld Colts

A rare defeat for EK against a lively Cumbernauld side.  The home side started without Howie or McBride and with Victoria on the bench.  I don't know if this was tactical or to give Joao a rest but with EK unusually failing to score it's a decision that will come under scrutiny.

That said it was a decent match in which EK had the best chances.  Both teams were looking to get forward but there weren't a lot of clear cut chances for most of the first half.  As the break approached the Colts keeper pulled off two good saves in quick succession from Smith and then Coll.

The second half continued in the same vain and with the game drawing towards a draw Cumbernauld produced a sensational 30+ yard strike to take the lead.  As Kilby pushed for an equaliser Cumbernauld had another couple of good chances to increase their lead.  The final chance of the game was a free kick 20 yards out in front of goal but the resultant shot could only find the wall.

I was impressed with Cumbernauld as a team and it was a decent advert for the LL despite the lack of goals. 

Sorry. I'm not sure why you find TNS's achievement so funny?
Any club who wins that many games in a row deserves a tip of the hat. They are now only 3 games away from equaling East Kilbride's run. Good Luck to them.  

Scottish fifth-tier side East Kilbride thought they had broken Ajax's record earlier this season - but the official mark can only be set by teams playing in their country's top tier.

5 hours ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Scottish fifth-tier side East Kilbride thought they had broken Ajax's record earlier this season - but the official mark can only be set by teams playing in their country's top tier.

Thank you for the quote from BBC Wales, but we have been aware of that information since October.

It was a great run for us while it lasted. I hope TNS get as much back from it as we did. 

Edited by EKFCTV

On 12/22/2016 at 11:50, Otto97 said:

Anybody know where Gav Lachlan has gone?...was a regular starter and ex-players player of the year!

Former East Kilbride Midfield player Gavin Lachlan signs for the (Cumbernauld) Colts for the remainder of the seasonJS108280556.jpg

Information supplied by 'Urris67'.

Edited by The_Judge

Did EK build the new stand behind the goals or are the plans shelved in favour of the new stadium? I'd imagine the current capacity would be too low for play off games this year and potentially league 2 games next year

The plan is to build a new stadium. As i said tho, they are having problems with the site they picked with regards to planning permision. The new stadium will happen. Just a case of when they can get it pushed through. I would imagine until that happens they will continue to play at kpark. Some attenance figures this season at kpark must be on par with league 2 sides? Wouldnt see a problem with using it. I may be wrong tho. Hibee j will let me know if im right or wrong.

In terms of the rules: if K-Park's lights are bright enough then it already meets SPFL1 & 2 criteria AFAIA - as it's otherwise the same as LL (an Entry licence). There isn't a minimum capacity, other than a need for terracing cover for 100, although in practice I struggle to think of HL/LL clubs without covered seats.

It's understandable why another stand was planned as 650 of which 450-500 seated is a tight capacity to work with. EK's had several sell-outs - including friendlies. I think the current smallest in SPFL2 is Annan at about 2,500. However, before East Stirlingshire left Firs Park the capacity was down to about 900, IIRC - the planned stadium in Grangemounth was to be sub-1,000? - and Albion Rovers were down to about 1,200 though it's now back up to about 1,500 after they built some terracing steps behind one goal.

In terms of attendance: the average in SPFL2 so far this season is about 500, with the lowest clubs being Cowdenbeath at about 300 and Annan and Berwick at about 400. So the big games at K-Park do get close to those.

Edited by HibeeJibee

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

The plan is to build a new stadium. As i said tho, they are having problems with the site they picked with regards to planning permision. The new stadium will happen. Just a case of when they can get it pushed through. I would imagine until that happens they will continue to play at kpark. Some attenance figures this season at kpark must be on par with league 2 sides? Wouldnt see a problem with using it. I may be wrong tho. Hibee j will let me know if im right or wrong.

Even if the planning permission had gone through it would have been a tough ask for the stadium to be ready at the start of the season. Personally I think 450 cap would be tight as surely more folk would want to see EK in their 1st season as an SPFL side if it happened.

Perhaps they could put a temp stand in? Is there space for such?

33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

In terms of the rules: if K-Park's lights are bright enough then it already meets SPFL1 & 2 criteria AFAIA - as it's otherwise the same as LL (an Entry licence). There isn't a minimum capacity, other than a need for terracing cover for 100, although in practice I struggle to think of HL/LL clubs without covered seats.

It's understandable why another stand was planned as 650 of which 450-500 seated is a tight capacity to work with. EK's had several sell-outs - including friendlies. I think the current smallest in SPFL2 is Annan at about 2,500. However, before East Stirlingshire left Firs Park the capacity was down to about 900, IIRC - the planned stadium in Grangemounth was to be sub-1,000? - and Albion Rovers were down to about 1,200 though it's now back up to about 1,500 after they built some terracing steps behind one goal.

In terms of attendance: the average in SPFL2 so far this season is about 500, with the lowest clubs being Cowdenbeath at about 300 and Annan and Berwick at about 400. So the big games at K-Park do get close to those.

Vale of Leithen would be the only one I think.