The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

A big opportunity blown today for EK.  Fair play to the Uni, they were incredibly hard working and were delighted with their victory.  First half we started sluggishly assuming the chances would just come and in the end it was the visitors that took the lead after hesitation in the home defence.  A brilliant block tackle was not rewarded as EU scored a split second later, they had another great chance before the half ended.

In the second half EK came out with a really high tempo and Edinburgh to their credit were counter attacking with 4 and 5 players at every opportunity.  The opposition number 9 had caught the eye with his speed and tenacity but ended up seeing red after two late tackles.  This didn't really change the pattern of the match and if there were stats available I'd expect them to say we had 25 shots with 15 on target although only 1 of those required what I'd call a great save.  The other 14 all ended up close to the goalkeeper who didn't put a foot wrong.

Not an ideal situation before an away trip to East Stirlingshire next week.

Edited by The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted to see our Donations of kit and Equipment reach Daranka academy again in time for Christmas. Year on year all your donations make such a huge difference for the kids at EK Gambia/Daranka future academy.

Image may contain: one or more people

Ek celebrated the arrival of our football gears from MIKE PEDEN's East kilbride with a comprehensive 2-0 win over village rivals 911 in the Kombo kerewan senior tournament ...its the team's first competitive game since the nawetan....The new look EKG took the lead early in the first half through Yusupha jarjue ...Yaya Senghorr sealed the win with an 85th minute strike .
We take this opportunity to thank Mike Peden and The entire Kilby, Paul Lafferty and Project Gambia for the continuous support to the academy.

Edited by The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...

Edusport equalise early in the second half.  EK then regain the lead and in the 75th minute win a penalty....which is missed.  Edusport equalise again in stoppage time.

Final Score:

Edusport Academy 3

East Kilbride FC 3

Another massive blow to our hopes of retaining our Lowland league title.

• 2 weeks later...

Our title victory last season was very much built upon a strong defence so when I noticed that last week's match at Dalbeattie featured our strongest back 5 (McGinley, Russell, Proctor, Howie and Capucho) for the first time this season  I was delighted.  A 2-0 victory followed.

Today we started with the next best thing (B J Coll for Russell) and again kept a clean sheet.  A good crowd saw a good performance and (for us) a good victory by 4 goals to nil.

Losing Fabio in the first half to injury was a blow but whilst he was on he showed exactly what we've been missing.  Incredible hard work and 100% commitment.  Seems to have been some kind of strain so hopefully not out for too long.

There were no failures today but Ross McNeil deserves a special mention for an outstanding performance.  He tormented the Gretna defence all day and could've had more than the brace he got.  For me this was the best performance in quite a while and whilst Gretna made a match of it we seemed to be in the mood right from the off.

There was very little height in the Gretna team particularly up from but I was still impressed with their 9 and 10 who both displayed a lovely touch.

Hearing that BSC and Spartans drew 0-0 which is a nice bonus to end a good day.  

Thought it was a great performance from EK, could and probably should have won by considerably more given the number of good chances they created and spurned, particularly in the first half when the game could have been put to bed rather than just the 1-0 lead. 

Gretna caused a few problems going forward but as said above that was a solid performance on the whole from the defensive line.

• 2 weeks later...