The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

With our preparations completed at training last night I've got to say how much I'm looking forward to the Scottish Cup tie versus Albion Rovers tomorrow.
There are a small and dedicated group behind the scenes at K Park and EKFC who help make it all happen and I hope we can do their efforts proud. The night before a big game is always one of anticipation and I just hope we can put on a performance that everyone connected to the club is happy with...bottom line is I canny wait for it.....

16 hours ago, Craigyboy said:

With our preparations completed at training last night I've got to say how much I'm looking forward to the Scottish Cup tie versus Albion Rovers tomorrow.
There are a small and dedicated group behind the scenes at K Park and EKFC who help make it all happen and I hope we can do their efforts proud. The night before a big game is always one of anticipation and I just hope we can put on a performance that everyone connected to the club is happy with...bottom line is I canny wait for it.....

On paper, you're playing us at a very good time. Teams that played us in the early part of the season have tended to have us sussed when we meet them again.  Our crazy scoring record has abated too, and we're still shipping stupid goals at an alarming rate; bang the ball across the box and get some bodies after it and we struggle.

From our point of view, this is a hiding-to-nothing; we're expected to beat you and will get very little external credit if we do. That said, if we win, it will help our confidence which has been battered over the last month or so, and hopefully lead to a return to getting League points on the board..

I'd wish you luck, but clearly I'd rather you didn't win. However, I have absolute respect for small and dedicated groups like you describe above; that's what we rely on too.

EK 1 Rovers 1 for me, with us getting back in late. Hope the pie stall sells valium!

I see we don't have a thread in the cup section, so probably best to stay here.

That really was typical Brian Kerr Rovers yesterday; lost crap goals (the diminutive McNeill with a header, FFS); pulled well in front with some decent finishing, and then let EK back in just to keep the blood pressure levels up. I suspect we were worth our victory, but it would be nice to win occasionally with little drama; I can't remember when we last did that.

Well done to EK for frightening the life out of us in the first half and for keeping fighting right to the end. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

I absolutely loved the first half.  Both teams fully committed and going end to end.  1-1 at the break and just enough time for a bovril.  In the second half Rovers continued at the same tempo while we lulled.  They quickly banged in 3 goals to almost put the tie out of sight.

I've watched Joao Victoria wear an EK strip and be unplayable many times in the past and in little spells on Saturday he did the same for Albion beating 1, 2, 3 men.  He made one of the goals in that manner.

We never gave up and managed to make the scoreline close but the away side were well worth their victory.    A thoroughly enjoyable cup tie.