The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Supply and demand i would think. Its also not part of the season ticket deal. A tenner does seem a bit heavy tho.

Folk will pay that so they know they will get the tickets sold. Anyone know what Buckie charge for a regular league game as way of a comparison?

Given many HL clubs charge supplements to sit, it'll probably be similar to £10.

Will be interesting to see how many Buckie fans travel. They've arranged their end-of-season dinner in Aberdeen same day as 2nd leg in EK starting 7pm (indeed buses leave Buckie 5:15pm). Btw according to Sportsound the Buckie manager's wedding clashes with Final 1st leg, too...

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Given many HL clubs charge supplements to sit, it'll probably be similar to £10.

Will be interesting to see how many Buckie fans travel. They've arranged their end-of-season dinner in Aberdeen same day as 2nd leg in EK starting 7pm (indeed buses leave Buckie 5:15pm). Btw according to Sportsound the Buckie manager's wedding clashes with Final 1st leg, too...

I knew you would have an idea on prices HJ.

Re the Buckie managers wedding there was a bit in the Sun today. He is missing his own stag do in Dublin this weekend because of the 1st leg. He gets married next Friday day before the 2nd leg!

Someone told me last night that Buckie were only getting 50 tickets (don't know how true that is).

Fair enough. Someone better tell Jimmy Nichol, the father of the bride - as he thinks it's in 3 weeks :lol:!

EDIT: Actually he may have been right. This says the stag trip clashes with Final 1st leg, and wedding with Final 2nd leg:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/26/buckie-thistle-boss-graeme-stewart-prepared-miss-stag-weekend-highland-league-champs-process-spfl-play-offs/

Given capacity is only 640 don't imagine they'd get a big figure anyway.

Buckie charged £8 last season but as I say that may have excluded a supplement for the stand which in my experience is often £1 or £2 more in HL.

No change out of £10 for a seat at places like Deveronvale/Inverurie.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I've been at Buckie this season, I'm sure it was £8 terracing, same as Rothes (but at least you get the fumes from four distilleries as a bonus). Also went to Strathspey where it was £8 access including their stand which is a bit of a half hearted effort. But HJ is right, supplements are the norm in the HL.

Edited by The Mantis

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Fair enough. Someone better tell Jimmy Nichol, the father of the bride - as he thinks it's in 3 weeks :lol:!

EDIT: Actually he may have been right. This says the stag trip clashes with Final 1st leg, and wedding with Final 2nd leg:

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/04/26/buckie-thistle-boss-graeme-stewart-prepared-miss-stag-weekend-highland-league-champs-process-spfl-play-offs/

Given capacity is only 640 don't imagine they'd get a big figure anyway.

Buckie charged £8 last season but as I say that may have excluded a supplement for the stand which in my experience is often £1 or £2 more in HL.

No change out of £10 for a seat at places like Deveronvale/Inverurie.

Oops sorry it is the final when the wedding is, a bit of a non story for the paper today.

TICKET SALES INFORMATION

EAST KILBRIDE FC v 
BUCKIE THISTLE

Lowland / Highland League 
Play-off, 2nd leg

East Kilbride FC v Buckie Thistle

Saturday 6th May, 3pm Kick-off at K-Park

The sale of the home allocation of tickets for the above stated match will commence at K-Park from 6pm on Friday 28th April.

Tickets cannot be reserved and are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. Please not that tickets will be sold on a cash-only basis.

This match is not included on the current East Kilbride FC season ticket, but season ticket holders are guaranteed the option to purchase a ticket, and can do so by visiting K-Park.

The sale of away tickets for this match will be handled directly by Buckie Thistle.

£10 doesn't seem an unfair price for this game IMO

I wish EK all the best for the playoffs. I would urge all EK types to make the trip up to Buckie. I've always enjoyed our trips away there, friendly locals, good wee town and a great big bar at the ground