St Mirren vs Hibs

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Will Mallan be playing? Good chance for him to impress his future employers.

Considering we only have 2 centre mids (unless Quinn comes back), yes he will play.

Would be nice to have clearance for our new GK to start in this one, been very impressive in training apparently.  Would also like to see us switch to a 4-4-2 with Boyle & McGeouch coming in for Holt and Fontaine/Bartley!  We looked a totally different team when those 2 came on on Sat, I'm really not convinced that the 3-5-2 works when we play Bartley as well as the 3 CHs.

Just took a look at the St Mirren squad. For a club often accused of spreading its legs for Celtic, there's an awful lot of former/loaned Sevconians on the books - Webster, Gallacher, Walsh, Morgan, Hardie, Hutton, Gallagher, MacKenzie. What are you playing at Buddies?

Just took a look at the St Mirren squad. For a club often accused of spreading its legs for Celtic, there's an awful lot of former/loaned Sevconians on the books - Webster, Gallacher, Walsh, Morgan, Hardie, Hutton, Gallagher, MacKenzie. What are you playing at Buddies?

Don't worry we swing both ways.

IMG_1471363300.699605.jpg.96e897fc17b84f

44fackin2.

Rocky (hopefully), Stevenson, Hanlon, McGregor, Gray, Shinnie (hopefully), McGeough, McGinn, Boyle, Keatings, Cummings.

We will definitley concede so hopefully our attack actually fancies putting some chances away on Saturday. 

Hopefully we go 3-5-2. In the previous 2 games, Rae has realised how dross 4-4-2 is for us and changed to 3 at the back for the last 20 mins or so, and funnily enough we actually look better with that shape.

Gallacher

Baird Webster Mackenzie 

Morgan Hutton Quinn Mallan Stewart (for a bit of defensive protection - he can also put a cracking cross in)

Hardie Sutton

The smart money will be on Hibs winning with ease. Even at this early stage I've got next to no faith in Rae changing the hoof ball system currently on display. 

He needs a serious re-think about how he wants us to play, and rid us of this negative hoof ball tactic that is quite clearly not working.

Set the team up with a positive formation and try to win the game while playing a bit of decent football. I won't hold my breath. 

Archived