Amatuer pressures

Hughheffner69

Hertha...... Think how annoyed workmates get when asked to out a couple of quid into someones birthday card/leaving card. How long will it take for them to get pissed off with someone coming round every week asking them to take 1 shot min of a football card. Also some people dont see most of their family on a week to week basis. It's just not viable for someone to sell a card every week.

Depending on squad size and how serious you are about the game, then £10 a week is the norm I think. That covers just about everything.

7 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Spoke to a guy tonight who knows a junior football manager well and the junior manager has gave every player signed this year an ultimatum as opposed  to paying for his club costs off his own back as he's done the last few  few years , the ultimatum is that every signed player must bring in £500 per season to the club , a few players can bring that in right away through their work sponsorship , other guys maybe through selling hidden team cards throughout the whole season , other guys through selling other smaller forms of sponsorship , let's think about it guys at amateur level , is it hard for an 18 man squad per person to sell a 60 square hidden team card , £30 to the winner and £30 to the club per week ? 

£30 to the club x 18 players /staff equates to £540 per week and £28,080 per year . 

Is this really too hard to achieve if players / staff take a hidden team card to their work/ local pub / friends / family  members at £1 per shot? 

£540 per week makes any amateur club get through things easily and £28,080 per year is enormous , just a wee thought . :)

Exactly. It's alright when you're a wean, you'll get away with badgering the family for a couiple of quid every week to sell your tote or football card but not when you're an adult. I would be embarrassed to ask people to take a shot of a football card every week.

I've played at teams before were we would maybe sell a football card amongst ourselves back in the pub every other week after games etc but the money would generally go into a kitty for the xmas night out n stuff.

21 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

We're a sunday league but all our guys play sat football so they all train once a week differing nights with their sat team, so once a week for us is working out just fine 

Yes mate but with all due respect we are talking about well run Saturday amateur clubs competing at the highest level. Not how much it costs to play in a daft Sunday league and maybe get a wee game of 7s once a week if your boys feel up to it.

2 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Yes mate but with all due respect we are talking about well run Saturday amateur clubs competing at the highest level. Not how much it costs to play in a daft Sunday league and maybe get a wee game of 7s once a week if your boys feel up to it.

Well if guys wanna piss and moan about costs then why play expensive football? 

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Real arrogant post there :thumbsdown

2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Well if guys wanna piss and moan about costs then why play expensive football? 

Because they want to test themselves at the highest level possible. Simple.

You said 5-8 quid per week covers the costs for your team, fair enough. It doesn't get near it for most teams.

55 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Because they want to test themselves at the highest level possible. Simple.

You said 5-8 quid per week covers the costs for your team, fair enough. It doesn't get near it for most teams.

Well if players want to do hospitality after games and pay for x, y,  and z then they need to suck it up, they knew what they were getting into when signing for their teams

As for testing themselves at the highest level, i still don't see how costs can be that much higher than other levels, do top level amateur teams pay more for kit washing etc, matchballs are matchballs, we buy 30 quid ones and look after them, do top level teams buy 100 quid balls or something? 

And since amateur teams regularly play on grass, its even cheaper per pitch than i quoted, my 88 quid is for a 3g pitch, glasgow grass pitches last i seen were 60 quid, 

I have no doubt some guys find it financially tough, but to blame it on facility costs i think is poor given two hours of training a week on a 3g pitch, plus a game on grass can come to 140 quid, a squad of twenty pays 7 quid, thats not too bad

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Well if players want to do hospitality after games and pay for x, y,  and z then they need to suck it up, they knew what they were getting into when signing for their teams

As for testing themselves at the highest level, i still don't see how costs can be that much higher than other levels, do top level amateur teams pay more for kit washing etc, matchballs are matchballs, we buy 30 quid ones and look after them, do top level teams buy 100 quid balls or something? 

And since amateur teams regularly play on grass, its even cheaper per pitch than i quoted, my 88 quid is for a 3g pitch, glasgow grass pitches last i seen were 60 quid, 

I have no doubt some guys find it financially tough, but to blame it on facility costs i think is poor given two hours of training a week on a 3g pitch, plus a game on grass can come to 140 quid, a squad of twenty pays 7 quid, thats not too bad

A lot of what you say makes sense but  the vast majority of amateur clubs are at least 10 pound per week to keep the club running week to week. And I am 99% sure that the vast majority of amateur clubs won't have 20 players signed most will have maybe a squad of 16 to pick from. Just my opinion but am sure folk would agree with me on that.

43 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Mate I listed the cost of facilities as one of a huge number of factors. You've already mentioned that your team don't even train every week and if they do, it's just 7s for an hour. Proper amateur teams like to train twice per week so straight away they are double/treble your costs for your own team.

How do you look after your 30 quid balls? Do you not kick them?

FFS :D

4 hours ago, Disco30 said:

A lot of what you say makes sense but  the vast majority of amateur clubs are at least 10 pound per week to keep the club running week to week. And I am 99% sure that the vast majority of amateur clubs won't have 20 players signed most will have maybe a squad of 16 to pick from. Just my opinion but am sure folk would agree with me on that.

well my pishy wee sunday league has quite a few teams that have 20 registered players with easily 18 turning up on matchdays lol,

3 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Mate I listed the cost of facilities as one of a huge number of factors. You've already mentioned that your team don't even train every week and if they do, it's just 7s for an hour. Proper amateur teams like to train twice per week so straight away they are double/treble your costs for your own team.

How do you look after your 30 quid balls? Do you not kick them?

FFS :D

so training twice a week instead of once a week is an extra 3 quid per body, thats the cost of a pint in town on a friday night, but then id argue that our guys pay more for pitches due to

as for the balls, aye and we replace them probably on the half season mark with money raised every week from the extra brought in on matchdays

5 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

well my pishy wee sunday league has quite a few teams that have 20 registered players with easily 18 turning up on matchdays lol,

so training twice a week instead of once a week is an extra 3 quid per body, thats the cost of a pint in town on a friday night, but then id argue that our guys pay more for pitches due to

as for the balls, aye and we replace them probably on the half season mark with money raised every week from the extra brought in on matchdays

What Sunday league is this might I ask ? It could happen just a bit sceptical with the amount of teams folding and stuff like that. And I think am right in saying there are a lot more teams and players playing Saturday's than Sunday's ? 

10 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Exactly. It's alright when you're a wean, you'll get away with badgering the family for a couiple of quid every week to sell your tote or football card but not when you're an adult. I would be embarrassed to ask people to take a shot of a football card every week.

I've played at teams before were we would maybe sell a football card amongst ourselves back in the pub every other week after games etc but the money would generally go into a kitty for the xmas night out n stuff.

That's the problem though in football , too many wanting to take out and not put anything back in, not so much at amateur level though I admit. 

Must admit though that football cards pretty much sell themselves and nothing to be embarrassed about in selling them . 

Archived