Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worry??? If you really worry about football you take it too seriously. Going on away days to places like Lochee is a pleasure and should never be taken for granted. Of course, I'd rather we had won but not to be, so it's somebody else's turn to go ride the emotional rollercoaster of losing in the semi finals this year.

At least we can watch from a distance in the knowledge that our name is already on the trophy and that's more than any Ford fan can have dreamt of a few years ago. Worry? I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish we knew. Struggled first half against a strong, physical Shettleston side and went down to an excellent Weatherson finish. Dominated first 30 minutes of second half and scored to excellent goals thru Taz and Gemmell. Tried to see the game out and couldn't.

In general we've had a few injuries and suspensions and obviously the loss of the Mitchell brothers is big, but that said we should have enough quality in the squad. I personally don't think that we are playing that badly, others will disagree. Maybe a Saturday away from it next week will do some good.

55 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Wish we knew. Struggled first half against a strong, physical Shettleston side and went down to an excellent Weatherson finish. Dominated first 30 minutes of second half and scored to excellent goals thru Taz and Gemmell. Tried to see the game out and couldn't.

In general we've had a few injuries and suspensions and obviously the loss of the Mitchell brothers is big, but that said we should have enough quality in the squad. I personally don't think that we are playing that badly, others will disagree. Maybe a Saturday away from it next week will do some good.

Darren will get it right friend , you could always come up to Darvel and see some cup football this season 

2 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Will probably be there next Saturday. Often my first port of call when we don't have a game.

we are nowhere near the standard you guys are at but we are getting there slowly but surely , the set up is terrific, the park is looking  brilliant  , and we have a group of players who give their all every week , you cant ask for any more  than that  

Archived