Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

The only person putting Hendo under pressure will be himself as we certainly are not playing up to his expectations. With the exception of the Talbot match, where we were awful, we have competed in every match this season and could have won all of them, but we didn't.

IMO the changes yesterday were very positive, with both Stuart McColm and Ryan Donnelly combining for the first goal and the effervescent Darren Moffat being up ended for our penalty. It is impossible to say if we would have won with 11 players on the pitch, as Glenafton were well in the game, BUT when your top scorer gets himself sent off after just putting you into the lead them its always going top be an uphill battle for a team already on a poor run.

I don't know what Gemmell was sent off for, our whether it was deserved our not (I'm sure some Glenn's fans could and probably will tell us) but personally I don't care - he should not have given the officials any cause for concern or forced them to make a decision, right or wrong. GEMMELL LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN, HENDO AND HIS STAFF DOWN and the committee and the fans down. Three red cards before the bonfires get lit cannot be all wrong decisions. Nice gut of the pitch, but he really needs to control the red mist.

I am sure others are revelling in our current misery, but Ford fans need to take a reality check, remember where we were six seasons (namely one goal away from returning to where Darvel are now) and get behind Hendo and the team. Enough will doubt us without us doubting ourselves.

P.S. sorry to be so verbose, but long lay over between connections and there's only so much free drink I can quaff in my old age.

Wasn't having a go at Mr Henderson but it's a results based game and hurlford haven't won for 8 games now and have conceded 20 goal . As I said he still has a great squad but something's wrong if 1 of the favs for the league can't buy a win

Been dropped the last couple of weeks. I'm not entirely convinced by him. Chisholm is a much better option for me. 

Gemmell won't be a Hurlford player for much longer, by the way. 

Cheesy is out injured at the moment. He's been carrying a hammy problem since early doors.

2-1 down but very much in control of the game too be fair the sending off was soft but it never changed the game much as we controled the game from start to finish and should have won by more

It's all about opinions mate. Soft or not, the sending off was stupid.

Wasn't having a go at Mr Henderson but it's a results based game and hurlford haven't won for 8 games now and have conceded 20 goal . As I said he still has a great squad but something's wrong if 1 of the favs for the league can't buy a win

Your comments are totally valid. I was just giving my opinion that I believe Hendo is his own biggest critic and IMO changing the manager is not the solution. However it shows how far we have come under him and his predecessor Del McCulloch that it is a topic of discussion.

From Evening Times: "Meanwhile, word on the grapevine reckons ex-Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir and Clyde hitman John Gemmell may have played his last game for Hurlford United in last Saturday’s 3-2 defeat at home to Glenafton.

The 31-year-old’s physical prowess had him earmarked as an ideal replacement for Troon bound Ross Robertson when he arrived at Blair Park during the summer months in a blaze of publicity amid claims he was hoping to score 100 goals in the Juniors.

But it’s probably fair to say that like his Ayrshire club he has struggled to find his best form ever since the season got underway and unfortunately the venting of his frustrations have led to him falling foul of referees.

Netting from the penalty spot to put Hurlford 2-1 in front against the Glens brought about his dismissal for gesticulating to visiting supporters and this third red card of his United career was followed by the journeyman striker’s transfer listing."

Is this right enough?

Must be if it's in the Sun [emoji12]

But yes, I think he has played his last match for Hurlford. IMO rightly so, three red cards before bonfire night all for incidents not involving the ball. Obviously the associated suspensions too.

Controversial character. Nice guy off the pitch, but out of control on it.

But yes, I think he has played his last match for Hurlford. IMO rightly so, three red cards before bonfire night all for incidents not involving the ball. Obviously the associated suspensions too.

That's true about the sun [emoji2] no probs [emoji106]????

On his way to Arthurlie I'm hearing.

Archived