Livi v Stenny

2 wins from 2, 9 goals scored and 3 conceded.

Away win ? 

Wouldn't be Livi without a bump along the way would it.

Seriously though what a great opportunity to go 3 in 3, no disrespect to Stenhousmuir but if we are going to win the league we have to be taking the win here. 

I'm sure they will come to try and frustrate and we have struggled against that in the past but with us having so many goal scorers in the team we should be able to break them down.

I don't think we played as well on Saturday as we did against Stranraer, not sure if that was down to the change of team or not, certainly an interesting decision for Hopkin to make, if he brings Josh Mullin back in its likely that it would see either Buchanan or Mullen on the bench both who have started the league campaign on fire. 

Gonna go for 3-0 Livi, with Cadden getting his first league goal, Pittman and Buchanan the others. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stenny would be mad to come and do anything other than sit in and frustrate us, we struggled against teams doing that last season but I think the players and system we have this  season should see us being able to break them down. Don't think it'll be as easy as some fok are predicting though, 2 or 3 nil Livi would do me.

If Stenny do sit in then I think we should go Halkett, Lithgow, Crighton at the back, and drop Longridge so we can have both Cadden & Mullin on the wings and Buchanan & Mullen up front.

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I'm going to stick my neck on the line here and predict a Livingston win here.

I'm always a bit wary when the opposition fans are predicting Livi will beat them, that usually ends badly for us. First game where we're outright favourites to win too, fecking certainty we'll feck it up.

Will be a big test for us to see if we can go out and win this and not be complacent, these are the type of games where we dropped points last season after getting a good result against the likes of Sevco or Falkirk.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm always a bit wary when the opposition fans are predicting Livi will beat them, that usually ends badly for us. First game where we're outright favourites to win too, fecking certainty we'll feck it up.

Will be a big test for us to see if we can go out and win this and not be complacent, these are the type of games where we dropped points last season after getting a good result against the likes of Sevco or Falkirk.

I missed the 2 wins so if I'm well enough to go on Saturday and we get humped I will blame my curse again. 

The fear is building already...:(

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This is also a team that, I believe, has Colin McMenamin in their ranks. He was always better playing against us than for us.

Actually also looking forward to visiting Stenny on 12th November; easy to get to and park; the Stenny pies are worth a second helping; and their fans, well the ones I've met, were generally pretty sound. Their team have also been quite generous on the scoreline as well.:thumsup2

For this Saturday I believe we'll  win but I don't think it'll be as comfortable as some predict; Alloa and Brechin are both at home as well so a home win is a must.

Best pal coming down from Aberdeen this weekend and I think we're gonna head through for this game. Not sure what to expect from this but I suspect a livi win in this one. Would like to be pleasantly surprised and sneak a draw

1 hour ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Best pal coming down from Aberdeen this weekend and I think we're gonna head through for this game. Not sure what to expect from this but I suspect a livi win in this one. Would like to be pleasantly surprised and sneak a draw

Are stenny as bad as people say they are? .

Are stenny as bad as people say they are? .

I'll be honest mate due to work and family commitments I've not been along much. Last game i was at we got beat 5-0 at East end park by dunfermline. I am hopeful for league 1 survival this year but our league cup performance so far fills me with anxiety for this season.

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

I'll be honest mate due to work and family commitments I've not been along much. Last game i was at we got beat 5-0 at East end park by dunfermline. I am hopeful for league 1 survival this year but our league cup performance so far fills me with anxiety for this season.

Well hopefully you stay up have but a wee soft for  stenny my great  granda supported them. But hopefully you have a bummer on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

Where is there near the stadium that we could grab a few decent priced beers and watch the stoke man city game or play pool?

If you're arriving at Livi North station there's the Saltire (if you arrive on a West bound train its on the other side and up the hill) which certainly has Sky Sports and used to have a pool table - is about a 20 minute walk down the hill to the ground though. In the Shopping centre there is the Paraffin Lamp that has both pool and Sky & BT sports I believe (about 10 minutes from the ground); Wetherspoons has sport but no pool table (and doesn't allow colours to be displayed); The Lime Kiln often shows sport but is as boring as f.... otherwise.

The Almondvale Suite at the stadium is open to both home and away fans http://livingstonfc.co.uk/almondvale-suite-open-saturday-3/ - to be honest the beer selection could be better but the food was alright last time I was there. However they are apparently showing the St Johnstone Celtic match on TV (no pool)

If you're arriving at Livi North station there's the Saltire (if you arrive on a West bound train its on the other side and up the hill) which certainly has Sky Sports and used to have a pool table - is about a 20 minute walk down the hill to the ground though. In the Shopping centre there is the Paraffin Lamp that has both pool and Sky & BT sports I believe (about 10 minutes from the ground); Wetherspoons has sport but no pool table (and doesn't allow colours to be displayed); The Lime Kiln often shows sport but is as boring as f.... otherwise.

The Almondvale Suite at the stadium is open to both home and away fans http://livingstonfc.co.uk/almondvale-suite-open-saturday-3/ - to be honest the beer selection could be better but the food was alright last time I was there. However they are apparently showing the St Johnstone Celtic match on TV (no pool)

Excellent cheers. I think the paraffin lamp it will be for us. We're travelling to Livingston south and a bus from there.

I'll Google map the paraffin lamp. Thanks again mate

Archived