Ross County v Kilmarnock

Thoughts on this one chaps?

Two games in, 1 win and 1 loss for both teams.

From a Killie point of view, we absolutely should start with Boyd and Coulibaly up front with Jones out on the left.  That's a combination that will get us goals this season. 
We could also do with a right back, but I don't want to start being greedy.

I'm going to go 0 - 2 for this one.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we want to be challenging for 9th place (and finishing above Kilmarnock for a fifth consecutive season) then we've really got to pick up at least 5 points from the next three games. 

Spoiler

After my success during the opening weekend I'd like to bring back the feature that will henceforth be called Smooth Yoda Apollo's Lock Of The Week. Just remember when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time.

Smooth Yoda Apollo's Lock Of The Week: County win + Over 2.5 goals

K1S46Qa.png

Well, mind the season we won the First Division? Pumped out of the League Cup after 3 games. Out of the Challenge Cup in the 1st game. Dodgy start to the season.

What I'm saying is that we'll beat Kilmarnock & start a new 40 game undefeated streak.

Hopefully the days of the horrid 3-5-2 are over and having seen how well a standard 4-4-2 worked in the derby McIntyre continues to set us up that way. 

Was really impressed with Cikos in that game and it was great to see the partnership of Boyce and Curran again. So I hope McIntyre goes with exactly the same 11 for this one. 

If we want to be challenging for 9th place (and finishing above Kilmarnock for a fifth consecutive season) then we've really got to pick up at least 5 points from the next three games. 

Spoiler After my success during the opening weekend I'd like to bring back the feature that will henceforth be called Smooth Yoda Apollo's Lock Of The Week. Just remember when you're right 52% of the time, you're wrong 48% of the time.

Smooth Yoda Apollo's Lock Of The Week: County win + Over 2.5 goals

K1S46Qa.png

3.5 goals or over has got me 3/1 for the first two games so going to keep in going

There's a number of things I want to see addressed for this game - different choice of full backs, McKenzie swapped out for someone (Kiltie fit?), Boyd and Coulibaly starting up top. 

I reckon that'll be getting close to our settled 11. Hopefully Clark sees the problems from the Hamilton game and tweaks the team accordingly. 

The overconfidence from County fans on here is pleasing.

Both teams will be as bad as each other.... Hamilton & ICT are poor and both will be in the relegation mix come May.... so neither us nor County should be over confident after last weekend wins

2 hours ago, Fide said:

The overconfidence from County fans on here is pleasing.

Shame that our opinions don't represent the opinions of the players and therefore mean absolutely nothing.

(As a side note, it's generally tongue in cheek. I don't expect Ross County to go undefeated in the league between now & May for example)

54 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Shame that our opinions don't represent the opinions of the players and therefore mean absolutely nothing.

(As a side note, it's generally tongue in cheek. I don't expect Ross County to go undefeated in the league between now & May for example)

Frankly, I don't expect County to go unbeaten between now and seven o'clock.  And we're not even playing.

The team picks itself after the ICT match.  Jimbo only used subs to time-waste in injury time, so unless there are injuries or new additions to the squad then I expect this to be the team for the next couple of weeks:

Fox

Cikos Quinn Davies McEveley

Foster Routis Woods Gardyne

Curran Boyce

There's an argument for starting Foster over Franks to have an attacking option on both flanks, but McIntyre likes having Foster's experience in the team wherever he can (rumours of fall-outs aside).

Marcus Fraser will be back to full fitness soon but it'll be difficult to find a way into the first 18 at the moment..

It'll be more of the same: high tempo, high pressing early in the match to force Killie into mistakes.  It worked well last season.  Cikos and McEveley coasted through the derby, but Jones will be a decent test for Cikos, while Killie could have pace to hurt Quinn and Davies.  Nonetheless, I have to be confident that County can get a win at home when Boyce and Curran are looking close to their best again.

23 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

There's a number of things I want to see addressed for this game - different choice of full backs, McKenzie swapped out for someone (Kiltie fit?), Boyd and Coulibaly starting up top. 

I reckon that'll be getting close to our settled 11. Hopefully Clark sees the problems from the Hamilton game and tweaks the team accordingly. 

KIltie will probably miss this one. He's still feeling a tightness in his thigh but he's not far away apparently.

Interesting one this. If County start with 5 in the middle then we'll probably try and match up. If they start as a 4-4-2 which their fans are clamouring for, then it'll allow Killie to play a 4-4-2, (which our fans also favour).

It'll be an open game if that's the case which should suit the wingers and give each team's on form strikers plenty of delivery. I'm revising my score to Ross County 2 Killie 2 with either team possibly making it 3-2.

ETA: Fat fingers.

Archived