Has the BBC beconme lazy??

Watching the results service on Saturday has shown that BBC can't be @rsed if you are outside the Championship. They seem to be more interested in English games than the lower two divisions. Not only that, they do talk some real sh!te.

The BBC website has also gone bad, you can get a decent report on games all the way down to their Conference league, but only this crumb - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37072717 if you are below the Scottish Championship.

Even on the BBD teletext site, Scottish lower divisions are ranked below everything English, including the women's games.

Come on BBC, get away from turning in to the EBC. Please?

I don't know the exact reason why the BBC has stopped League 1 and League 2 level match reports and coverage but as well as general cut backs in reporters, they have been told by the government to scale back their website to allow 'competition' in areas previously covered in depth by the BBC.

Their coverage of the League Cup was poor, even for Championship and Premiership level teams.  There was no reporter at the Stranraer v Motherwell match for instance.

I sent in a complaint.  I suggest if you feel strongly about it you should do so as well.

To whom it may concern,

I have noted the poor quality and reduction of coverage in Scottish football at the start of the new 2016/17 season and wish to make a formal complaint. Not only have the BBC essentially abandoned reporting on Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2 but the coverage of the Scottish League Cup was also very poor, with many Championship or even Premiership level teams having no match report from their matches.

My own side, Motherwell, a Premiership level team, played a crucial final day group match in one of Scottish footballs major competitions and yet the BBC could not muster a reporter, either in radio coverage or for its website in the form of a match report. I find this to be unacceptable when every level of English league football receives full reported coverage of league and cup matches. I am further angered to see that on investigation, English non league football receive better coverage than Scottish Premiership level sides, never mind Scottish lower league sides. How can the BBC possibly justify this appalling bias in coverage that is apparent between its coverage of Scottish and English football?

By all means give Manchester Utd more coverage than Airdrieonians, there is more public interest but please explain why Forest Green or Boreham Wood are afforded better match reporting than even the top sides in Scotland, never mind our lower league clubs? This seems to be a totally unacceptable state of affairs and yet another failure, deliberate or otherwise, to treat Scottish license payers with anything approaching parity.

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I sent in a complaint.  I suggest if you feel strongly about it you should do so as well.

To whom it may concern,

I have noted the poor quality and reduction of coverage in Scottish football at the start of the new 2016/17 season and wish to make a formal complaint. Not only have the BBC essentially abandoned reporting on Scottish League 1 and Scottish League 2 but the coverage of the Scottish League Cup was also very poor, with many Championship or even Premiership level teams having no match report from their matches.

My own side, Motherwell, a Premiership level team, played a crucial final day group match in one of Scottish footballs major competitions and yet the BBC could not muster a reporter, either in radio coverage or for its website in the form of a match report. I find this to be unacceptable when every level of English league football receives full reported coverage of league and cup matches. I am further angered to see that on investigation, English non league football receive better coverage than Scottish Premiership level sides, never mind Scottish lower league sides. How can the BBC possibly justify this appalling bias in coverage that is apparent between its coverage of Scottish and English football?

By all means give Manchester Utd more coverage than Airdrieonians, there is more public interest but please explain why Forest Green or Boreham Wood are afforded better match reporting than even the top sides in Scotland, never mind our lower league clubs? This seems to be a totally unacceptable state of affairs and yet another failure, deliberate or otherwise, to treat Scottish license payers with anything approaching parity.

Good luck, and more power to you. Unfortunately I think you'll end up with the generic, Sorry you feel this way, your complaint has been taken on board and passed to our customer satisfaction team for feedback, blah blah we couldn't really give a f**k etc.

Sadly the BBC is not alone in their lack of reporting on lower league Scottish Football, ITV is as bad and some of the papers are going that way as well, four page spreads on where Brendan Rodgers buys his weekly groceries and the reports on a full card of league cup results crammed onto half a page.  Try getting any Scottish reports in any newspaper published south of Carlisle.

2 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Sadly the BBC is not alone in their lack of reporting on lower league Scottish Football, ITV is as bad and some of the papers are going that way as well, four page spreads on where Brendan Rodgers buys his weekly groceries and the reports on a full card of league cup results crammed onto half a page.  Try getting any Scottish reports in any newspaper published south of Carlisle.

I expect little of ITV.    The BBC is however the 'state broadcaster', and is funded by license-payers. I do know that for the last several years the government has siphoned about £300 Million a year from TV license payments, and made it available to English county councils to then make joint ventures with the likes of BT to improve broadband coverage in rural areas. 

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

Good luck, and more power to you. Unfortunately I think you'll end up with the generic, Sorry you feel this way, your complaint has been taken on board and passed to our customer satisfaction team for feedback, blah blah we couldn't really give a f**k etc.

Your right. If your cheese has been moved, find more somewhere else.

http://spfl.co.uk/league-one/

7 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I don't know the exact reason why the BBC has stopped League 1 and League 2 level match reports and coverage but as well as general cut backs in reporters, they have been told by the government to scale back their website to allow 'competition' in areas previously covered in depth by the BBC.

Their coverage of the League Cup was poor, even for Championship and Premiership level teams.  There was no reporter at the Stranraer v Motherwell match for instance.

The BBC don't (and rarely have) sent reporters to matches outside the top flight in Scotland, they buy their reports from PA, who, incidentally, are also the ones responsible for any errors in match reports and not the BBC. I know PA are still producing the previews but it seems like the BBC and ESPN (who showed them in greater detail last season) have stopped publishing them.

20 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

Waitrose Milngavie #ITK

I called the other waist of space 'Daily Sevco' a week or so ago asking why there was a 2 page spread about the best 'old firm' select.  I asked the guy how can there be an old firm when one half has only existed for 4 seasons.  He then asked was I wanting to comment on the sports coverage, told him they were lazy and short sighted.

Don't think he realised fully that there are 42 senior clubs in Scotland TBH

I've given up with the BBC for reports from my team Peterhead's games. If you have the Sky Sports package, you can download their Score Centre app to your phone and get excellent coverage of team line ups and live text commentary for all teams in the lower divisions.

Archived