QUEENS V Falkirk

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kerr was indeed a good player for us. Probably the last midfielder to dictate play for us actually. My only criticism of him would be that some games he wouldn't show. It's early days for us and Tapping but at the very least you're always aware he's there.

Last season I'd have had Kerr back but if Tapping stays fit I genuinely wouldn't swap the pair. I don't think any sensible QoS fan would swap (34 year old) Kerr for (23 year old) Tapping :P.

Callum Tapping who played 33 games in the SPL between age 19-20, and who has played in front of Falkirk fans a grand total of one time.

You have got to wonder why so many of them have piled in to comment on his ability.

I think all of us should drop the accusations of fabricated rivalry, obsession etc.

Callum Tapping who played 33 games in the SPL between age 19-20, and who has played in front of Falkirk fans a grand total of one time.

You have got to wonder why so many of them have piled in to comment on his ability.

I think all of us should drop the accusations of fabricated rivalry, obsession etc.

It doesn't take much to make our Falkirk friends froth at the mouth. Pretty sure they slated Kerr when he played for us :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

What's Tapping's Hearts failure got to do with it ?

I could rhyme off a few of our players at similar ages who have done that in one season.

Tapping is 23 most players that age with promise will have made 150+games but he has started 40+ games in his career with around a dozen for queens and although Kerr is coming to the end of his career, I'd make a guess he can only dream of having a career that will match or overtake the career Kerr has had. He reminds me of a fancy Dan player that would pop up in games in my younger years at school or amateur football and  produce the why take one or two touches when I can take five to make me look a player to look better, ok I'm taking that from one game in which he struggled in a game bossed by Kerr and was subbed,but time will tell if he can stay fit and better his failure at Hearts never mind the career Kerr has had.

I actually don't mind the rivalary/obssesions/edge or whatever term is used, it comes with the territory of being in a position of challenging for something similar in which two out the last three seasons, we've had league and Scottish cup to mix it up. We had Raith make a late show of similar behaviour last season and less said about Hibs the better, who'll attach themselves to anyone.

If there is a winner on Saturday, nothing is lost or won yet apart from a handy 3pts/bragging rights against a team who will be in the mix come May.

I'd make a guess he can only dream of having a career that will match or overtake the career Kerr has had.

I imagine your guess is correct. I reckon every 23 year old footballer has dreams of playing higher than the dizzy heights of Dundee United tbf.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It doesn't take much to make our Falkirk friends froth at the mouth. Pretty sure they slated Kerr when he played for us :rolleyes:

Nope, sure he came on as a sub in his first game against us for queens but could see he was a tidy addition in how he slowed the game down.

I honestly didn't know why we signed him back tbh as Vaulks and Taiwo were doing superb in there, it was later evident why and last season being poty easily.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I imagine your guess is correct. I reckon every 23 year old footballer has dreams of playing higher than the dizzy heights of Dundee United tbf.

Majority of players on show at the upcoming game on Saturday can only dream of having a career of Kerr. He played for two top end of Scottish Fitba teams when it had some of the best players from all over the world and staring against them. The top level Scottish league now is not far off the irish league standard, which three of your best players you sold to Hearts DUFC and Dundee for pennies struggled in.

Majority of players on show at the upcoming game on Saturday can only dream of having a career of Kerr. He played for two top end of Scottish Fitba teams when it had some of the best players from all over the world and staring against them. The top level Scottish league now is not far off the irish league standard, which three of your best players you sold to Hearts DUFC and Dundee for pennies struggled in.

He's spent just under half of his career in League 1/The Championship. As I say, I doubt that's many 23 year old's "dream" career.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

I liked Kerr as a player, but the above post contains an absolute load of bloody nonsense.

Total rubbish in various ways.

I liked Kerr as a player, but the above post contains an absolute load of bloody nonsense.

Total rubbish in various ways.

Tbf players like Bobo Balde and Damarcus Beasley were up there with the very best in the world. And he was playing with world class superstars such as David Fernandez and Alan Archibald.

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

What's Tapping's Hearts failure got to do with it ?

I could rhyme off a few of our players at similar ages who have done that in one season.

Tapping is 23 most players that age with promise will have made 150+games but he has started 40+ games in his career with around a dozen for queens and although Kerr is coming to the end of his career, I'd make a guess he can only dream of having a career that will match or overtake the career Kerr has had. He reminds me of a fancy Dan player that would pop up in games in my younger years at school or amateur football and  produce the why take one or two touches when I can take five to make me look a player to look better, ok I'm taking that from one game in which he struggled in a game bossed by Kerr and was subbed,but time will tell if he can stay fit and better his failure at Hearts never mind the career Kerr has had.

I actually don't mind the rivalary/obssesions/edge or whatever term is used, it comes with the territory of being in a position of challenging for something similar in which two out the last three seasons, we've had league and Scottish cup to mix it up. We had Raith make a late show of similar behaviour last season and less said about Hibs the better, who'll attach themselves to anyone.

If there is a winner on Saturday, nothing is lost or won yet apart from a handy 3pts/bragging rights against a team who will be in the mix come May.

Go on then

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's spent just under half of his career in League 1/The Championship. As I say, I doubt that's many 23 year old's "dream" career.

He started with us in the championship /1st division pre 16yr old and signing pro at 16, debut at 17 and outside his time in Greece, he didn't return to that level till he ended up at queens 20 odd days from his 32nd birthday.

So from 21 to really 32 albeit 21/22 off he has spent 11 yr away for it in his prime years in the top league against players who have graced semi finals, finals of world cups euro finals and not the shinty/Irish football league we are treated to now in the top league.

Knock yourself out, but for the majority of players on Saturday, this is how good it gets for them, Kerr is winding down his career and still was bossing them.

He started with us in the championship /1st division pre 16yr old and signing pro at 16, debut at 17 and outside his time in Greece, he didn't return to that level till he ended up at queens 20 odd days from his 32nd birthday.

So from 21 to really 32 albeit 21/22 off he has spent 11 yr away for it in his prime years in the top league against players who have graced semi finals, finals of world cups euro finals and not the shinty/Irish football league we are treated to now in the top league.

Knock yourself out, but for the majority of players on Saturday, this is how good it gets for them, Kerr is winding down his career and still was bossing them.

Kerr has had a decent enough career. But if you asked 100 23 year old footballers what their "dream" career would be I would put a fair whack of money on none of them saying 'The highest part being a regular for Dundee United'.

If you asked them to be Realistic, well that's different.

Archived