Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

Might as well get this started. Ominously Aberdeen haven't scored yet in the league. Seemed a bit of a slog against Hearts yesterday.

Thistle will be hoping for a better performance than at Tannadice.  Having Tomas Cerny and Lindsay back will be vital to any chance of bringing something back down the road points wise. 

Last two visits to Pittodrie have seen two decent performances and two 0-0 draws. I'd be happy with similar this time.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being able to guarantee what date the game was on until last week due to the Dons still being in Europe= no cheap advance train tickets left = no travel for me. Hopefully there'll be a RedTV stream, and even more hopefully the commentators will be (insert P&B cliché regarding unhappiness) at the end of it like the last one. 

Can't see it though, we haven't scored in our last 5 visits to Pittodrie, although 3 of them have at least been 0-0s. A new centre half or news that Cerny is fit would give me some more confidence though.

I think we'll be better in this game - the free week will help.

Thistle are another one of these sides that come to Pittodrie and stick everyone behind the ball.  Time to get Stockley and Rooney together and see if that works as well as we hope it will against these tactics, as another 90 minutes of hopeful floaty crosses being headed away easily will not go down well.

Not being able to guarantee what date the game was on until last week due to the Dons still being in Europe= no cheap advance train tickets left = no travel for me. Hopefully there'll be a RedTV stream, and even more hopefully the commentators will be (insert P&B cliché regarding unhappiness) at the end of it like the last one. 

Can't see it though, we haven't scored in our last 5 visits to Pittodrie, although 3 of them have at least been 0-0s. A new centre half or news that Cerny is fit would give me some more confidence though.

You can get the megabus from Glasgow-Aberdeen for £20 return.

This will be my first match of the season, and my first ever visit to Pittodrie, so I'm looking forward to it. Cerny being back is crucial - a new centre-half would also be great news but I'm not holding my breath. Otherwise the team pretty much picks itself at this point with perhaps the only decision requiring a bit of thinking being Doolan or Azeez.

3 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Do you want to be bored out of your mind?

Do you struggle to sleep?

Then head to Pittodrie this Saturday for the latest shitfest involving Aberdeen FC.

I didn't think the games in Europe have been shitfest apart from the away leg against Fola Esch. Think the last two games have been because of our European games and also a long trip in the league cup. Think the game at Maribor with the heat caused the poor performance against St Johnstone as looked tired and also the poor perforance with Hearts was more likely to be caused by the 4 games in 9 days as at the end we was running on empty by the looks of it. Hearts and St Johnstone was top 6 teams so not an easy start for us.

Now we get a full week to train and the players get a few days off so hopefully we will be refreshed and play a lot better than the first two games. 

2 hours ago, Milners said:

I didn't think the games in Europe have been shitfest apart from the away leg against Fola Esch. Think the last two games have been because of our European games and also a long trip in the league cup. Think the game at Maribor with the heat caused the poor performance against St Johnstone as looked tired and also the poor perforance with Hearts was more likely to be caused by the 4 games in 9 days as at the end we was running on empty by the looks of it. Hearts and St Johnstone was top 6 teams so not an easy start for us.

Now we get a full week to train and the players get a few days off so hopefully we will be refreshed and play a lot better than the first two games. 

On that basis you're in for a pumping after Celtic gifted Thistle a weekend off.

If we sit in as much as we did when we were last at Pittodrie - we'll get beat. Our defence is considerably weaker at the moment with Dumbaya injured and Seabourne gone. The former was absolutely outstanding that night. He had the locals seething with his time wasting.

A similar perormance to our 0-0 draw two seasons ago would be most welcome. We were terrific on the counter that day and we should have won comfortably. Lyle Taylor's inability to score simple one-on-ones was the only reason we didn't.

I expect us to lose on Saturday. I just hope the performance isn't half as bad as last week at Tannadice.

Looking forward to the day out as always though. Aberdeen is one of the best away games in Scotland without a doubt.

If we sit in as much as we did when we were last at Pittodrie - we'll get beat. Our defence is considerably weaker at the moment with Dumbaya injured and Seabourne gone. The former was absolutely outstanding that night. He had the locals seething with his time wasting.

A similar perormance to our 0-0 draw two seasons ago would be most welcome. We were terrific on the counter that day and we should have won comfortably. Lyle Taylor's inability to score simple one-on-ones was the only reason we didn't.

I expect us to lose on Saturday. I just hope the performance isn't half as bad as last week at Tannadice.

Looking forward to the day out as always though. Aberdeen is one of the best away games in Scotland without a doubt.

Pity it's a horrible city.

Archived