Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to talk too much about I game I wasn't at and only saw the first 5-10 minutes on a stream which I gave up on (we were actually OK in that period tbf) but I think Erskine has come on a ton defensively probably even since he left us, he's great at tracking back and nicking the ball off folk,whereas Edwards just runs about kicking people. There's an argument to say we should have played both and dropped Lawless but again, wasn't there so might not have made much of a difference.

Agree about Lindsay though, he's still young but his mistakes tend to be huge ones.

Hyped for Div Wilson's chance next week though.

An absolutely shambolic bit of decision making by Lindsay has cost us,however with no competition he will keep his place. We need another centre half in soon or it will be a long season. What a total embarrassment Welsh is, fair play to the ref for sending him off. Hopefully Wilson can take his chance now. We could have easily got a draw today if we were braver in the final third as Aberdeen weren't particularly impressive.

I think Erskine has come on a ton defensively probably even since he left us, he's great at tracking back and nicking the ball off folk,whereas Edwards just runs about kicking people.

This.

Glad we managed to get 3 points but we was very lucky to be 1 up at half time. Thought Thistle was the better side and played some good football. 

2nd half we managed to dominate until the last 5 mins when it could have easily been a draw with the chances they created.

Thank god we had Shinnie in midfield as Pawlett and McLean was poor again. Our midfield is really weak at moment especially with Jack and Hayes missing. We really need to sign a few players in these positions if we want to be successful this season - still don't understand getting rid of Flood and not replacing him but hopefully we do by transfer window.

The first goal came not long after Cerny made a great save keeping out a McGinn free-kick from a similar position. I think he's expecting him to try his luck at that same side again, McGinn's went the other way and just hit it perfectly. 

The second kills off the game and it's just shite defending from Lindsay. Very poor.

Welsh is a moron. He committed an obvious foul and then wouldn't stop giving the ref pelters until he got a red. I've no idea what he was complaining about but you could see his head was gone.

Azeez reminds me of Magennis before he got good. He's got pace and power but no idea how to use it effectively.

We were okay today with no stand out performances. Nice finish from Erskine. 

It's because we don't know our best/most effective team yet. We have options now but the manager clearly isn't sure who should be playing where at the moment. You can see that from the fact Pawlett has started the last two games and the near constant tinkering with the team. Last season we knew our best XI and where they played, this season we are still trying to find it.

It will take a bit of time but we are definitely stronger this season.

I hope you are right.

I am most likely just being a negative c**t as usual I just felt more optimistic this time last year.

We were more settled this time last season, we didn't have the depth in the squad to really make that many changes to our best XI. Now we have Stockley, Storey and Burns competing for a couple of forward positions, O'Connor as a new first choice CB or a holding mid, unsure which he is better at and who he should replace.

Its just going to take a bit of time to work out. We've only conceded one goal in 3 league games and we haven't lost yet so it's clear the quality of the squad is good enough albeit not yet playing to its potential.

You have actually made me feel better.

Thank you sir.

[emoji4]

I might also add that it looks like Jack is back to his old self and Reynolds is starting to look that way too. We have two good goalkeepers as well. Plenty to be happy about. 

Plus the Thains pies are good.

Seeing jack back to what I know he can be has been the biggest positive for me thus far.

Jack being out really showed yesterday, quite ponderous stuff working it out from defence.  But good goals, some nice play against a very robust Thistle.  Think they'll do well this year, that Amoo is amoouisance.

Anyway. We never do it the easy way do we? More than a club. Bakery, it's in our DNA. #FreeWilly

McInnes said in his post-match interview that he thought the team relaxed after Welsh was sent off, but I thought it was more down to his late subs that we looked unsure.

Our defence has looked solid all season, then he moves O'Connor to defensive midfield.  If he wanted to shore up the midfield he should have brought on Craig Storie.  Stockley up front by himself doesn't work, and we had no semblance of an out ball for the last few minutes.  Burns (or McGinn up front) would've been a stronger option.  Even better, leave Rooney on.

I normally stick up for DM, but I think he got it wrong with those changes.

1 hour ago, StandFree03 said:

:)

I might also add that it looks like Jack is back to his old self and Reynolds is starting to look that way too. We have two good goalkeepers as well. Plenty to be happy about. 

Plus the Thains pies are good.

Joined the pie queue in the away end at 3.48 and moved forward about four places by 3.58 when I went back to my seat, pieless, still well short of the counter. Get it sorted Milne. That sort of treatment of away fans is frankly disgusting.

Joined the pie queue in the away end at 3.48 and moved forward about four places by 3.58 when I went back to my seat, pieless, still well short of the counter. Get it sorted Milne. That sort of treatment of away fans is frankly disgusting.

It's not exclusive to away fans to be fair

Bringing on Taylor at 2-0 up is just a classic McInnes substitution. In fairness, I assume he did it because he wanted to give O'Connor a go in midfield as he'll start there at Celtic Park. Nonetheless, it's not going to get the crowd excited. Why not just leave the team how it was and let them push for a third? It is very frustrating at times.

Bringing on Taylor at 2-0 up is just a classic McInnes substitution. In fairness, I assume he did it because he wanted to give O'Connor a go in midfield as he'll start there at Celtic Park. Nonetheless, it's not going to get the crowd excited. Why not just leave the team how it was and let them push for a third? It is very frustrating at times.

Answered your own question there.

Depending on the story with Jack's injury, it made perfect sense to give O'Connor a chance in the middle of the park before Parkhead next week.

Regardless, the team should've been good enough to see it out comfortably.

10 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Answered your own question there.

Depending on the story with Jack's injury, it made perfect sense to give O'Connor a chance in the middle of the park before Parkhead next week.

Regardless, the team should've been good enough to see it out comfortably.

I realise that. I know why he did it, I just don't particularly agree with it. 

Archived