Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

God I didn't realise Paterson was in charge for 2 years. Thought it was less. 

I've tried to erase that era from my memory, somewhat successfully it would appear. 

14 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

That will have been Skovdahl. 

Paterson was played 5, won 3, drew 2 against Partick Thistle. How embarrassing for you ;)

1-0 to the Jags :P

31 minutes ago, 2pac said:

I mind a glorious 3-0 win at firhill under sp Anderson x 2 and Chrissy Clark was around Xmas 2003

Yeah I was thinking about that season.

11th v 12th. Or other way round perhaps at the time!

We then drew 0-0 against them at Pittodrie in front of about 7000 the Feb/Mar after that. Paul Sheerin missed a penalty. 

Was in a box that night and Man United v Porto was on the TV with Mourinho running down the touchline. Couldn't match the drama on the Pittodrie pitch tho.

My personal favourite game between the sides was when we horsed them 3-0 right after they were promoted. A glorious sunny afternoon in Glasgow watching Calvin Zola and Josh Magennis bully Gabriel Piccolo. Doesn't get any better than that.

25 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

My personal favourite game between the sides was when we horsed them 3-0 right after they were promoted. A glorious sunny afternoon in Glasgow watching Calvin Zola and Josh Magennis bully Gabriel Piccolo. Doesn't get any better than that.

That was my first and only visit so far to Firhill. An excellent day out in the sun.

Best has got to be the 7-2  thumping the week after Thistle beat the green bit of Glasgow 4-1 in the LC final.

And my one and only visit to Firhill in SC 1/4 final (83,I think) resulted in a 4-2 victory for us.

Firhill was a great ground then-full of atmosphere and a strange feeling of "safety" when in Glasgow.

Was at that game aswell pawletts goal was funny magennis goal was the icing on the cake

13 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Best has got to be the 7-2  thumping the week after Thistle beat the green bit of Glasgow 4-1 in the LC final.

And my one and only visit to Firhill in SC 1/4 final (83,I think) resulted in a 4-2 victory for us.

Firhill was a great ground then-full of atmosphere and a strange feeling of "safety" when in Glasgow.

One of my first games. 2-1 to the Dandies I'm sure. Ian Mcdonald scored for the Jags.

Anyway,  at least our 0-0 results are in recent memories unlike some of the Dons' successes listed over the last few posts...

54 minutes ago, shuggz said:

Come to think of it ,Jagfox,think you are right..it was 2.1.

Its an age thing!

There was a 6-2 win for the Dons in the early 90s.  First half was actually a better with goals flying in and coins flying over the fence at the shed. 

I think this could be the worst game of football ever played, but I'm still looking forward to it, which is weird.

I'm going for the planets to align, and us to finally score a goal. Dandies to win 1-0.

Best game I remember against Thistle was a 7-0 at firhill, early 90's. Shearer hat trick. Rearranged game coz the original was abandoned due to snow.

Happy days.

In keeping with the theme, my earliest Thistle-Aberdeen memory was a 2-0 (I think) win for Thistle the week after Aberdeen had beaten Dundee to win the League Cup. I think Stewart McKimmie was sent off for Aberdeen. They also had that hideous navy and gold away strip at the time. 

I also remember an Aberdeen player (possibly Eoin Jess) scoring an absolute screamer at Firhill - he scored from beside the dugouts to lob our keeper. That was the mid-90's I'm sure.

I think this could be the worst game of football ever played, but I'm still looking forward to it, which is weird.

I'm going for the planets to align, and us to finally score a goal. Dandies to win 1-0.

Best game I remember against Thistle was a 7-0 at firhill, early 90's. Shearer hat trick. Rearranged game coz the original was abandoned due to snow.

Happy days.

One man with a broken brush

I also remember an Aberdeen player (possibly Eoin Jess) scoring an absolute screamer at Firhill - he scored from beside the dugouts to lob our keeper. That was the mid-90's I'm sure.

It was Stephen Wright who scored from his own half. I think it finished 1-1. The Dons put on free buses from Aberdeen for that game, and me and my mate were the first Dons fans ever to set foot in the newly opened Jackie Husband stand, where we met Joe Harper who was working for the radio. Good times.

It's nice that Partick fans look back so fondly at drawing 0-0 with us.

I wish other teams felt that way about playing Thistle.

Archived