Uber Taxis

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

9 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Here a Q. You request/Book an uber. It doesnt turn up. Presume they charge you. How do u go about claming coin back, Drivers word v You ???

Send me your bank details, I'll get it refunded to you.

20 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Here a Q. You request/Book an uber. It doesnt turn up. Presume they charge you. How do u go about claming coin back, Drivers word v You ???

Once you hire it on the app if accepted you see the car coming to you so you know if they turned up. Think it is £5 if you don't turn up. I had an Uber kick blokes out the car that tried to nick our hire too, whereas with other PH they'd just take it. . 

22 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Downloaded app yesterday and got a £10 off my next fare (Assume drivers can see that and put bit on the price to cover it??!l)

Anyway is it Good , Bad , Just the Same fare as using local taxi company ???

Talk to me P&B

Regards

Drivers don't know or care, they get a cut of the fare before discount. Uber takes the hit. Just the same as using a private hire company. Drivers rate you, so can be interesting to request ratings regularly to see who thought you were a dick. 

Got one last night from Glasgow, car was spotless, driver had bottles of water for passengers and had a cable for you to plug your phone into so we could control the music on the journey home!!

I can't complain about it. Seen a few tabloid rags running stories of folk getting massive bills because they don't understand surge charges, which is a laugh.

As above, bottles of water, occasionally snickers, turns up when expected and generally, drivers who aren't interested in talking to you, on top of it pissing off cab drivers? Uber is magic. The one I got in Edinburgh that let me choose the music before I even got in was a belter.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

I can't complain about it. Seen a few tabloid rags running stories of folk getting massive bills because they don't understand surge charges, which is a laugh.

As above, bottles of water, occasionally snickers, turns up when expected and generally, drivers who aren't interested in talking to you, on top of it pissing off cab drivers? Uber is magic. The one I got in Edinburgh that let me choose the music before I even got in was a belter.

Am I right in saying you know what your fare is before you get in the car?

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Pretty much, aye. The fare estimate has been pretty on the money any time I've used it. Got stung a bit one night because I was wrecked, cold and lazy and ignored the surge, but that's fully on me, rather than them.

It gives you an estimate range eg £17-£21, usually its towards the lower end if your getting it at night with no traffic etc

It gives you an estimate range eg £17-£21, usually its towards the lower end if your getting it at night with no traffic etc

Does that mean £21 is the max they can charge you even if they take the wrong route or get stuck in traffic?

I was talking to someone a couple of weeks back who used Uber Van in London to flit from one flat to another. Apparently it's the dogs bollocks because there are vans parked up reasonably closer across the city. 

Does that mean £21 is the max they can charge you even if they take the wrong route or get stuck in traffic?

Not sure to be honest. Never had any issues the times I've used it.

Archived