Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

15 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

This is the crucial statement.

with less punters through the gate and without a fund from the fans?

Raith Rovers have funding from some individuals, whilst Dunfermline despite having a greater fan base(season ticket revinue) and business contributions and contributions by direct debit have failed to spend wisely.

Is this down to the board or AJ?

I don't know how many times I've seen rovers out fight us on less resources.

If you hadn't dropped mcgurn you would've won the league.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why do you seem to have this mindset that a bigger budget instantly equals success?

We've just come up, strangely, we'll need to get our bearings before we are ahead of established sides in this division who have been here for years.

Raith and Queens have had two seasons of Hibs and Rangers and one of Hearts with more sponsorship and grounds that don't need much doing to them while we were playing no away fans and a ground that had been poorly looked after. 

I think McManus and Hardie should have been targets for us and if we hadn't waited on Faissal then maybe we could have been involved in any potential deals. Dobbie would only ever have went to Queens though - he's clearly not at Palmerston for the money and has some emotional link there.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Raith and Queens have had two seasons of Hibs and Rangers and one of Hearts with more sponsorship and grounds that don't need much doing to them while we were playing no away fans and a ground that had been poorly looked after. 

I think McManus and Hardie should have been targets for us and if we hadn't waited on Faissal then maybe we could have been involved in any potential deals. Dobbie would only ever have went to Queens though - he's clearly not at Palmerston for the money and has some emotional link there.

BUT THEYV GOAT LESS FANS THAN UZ WHY CAN'T WE GET DOBBIE?

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's really bizarre how simple some football fans are, isn't it? I've just seen the guy try and post the same lunacy on the Pars thread. What is he on? 

You clearly don't know anything about fitba eh?

Williamson is our worst player, also Moffat is our best.

#misunderstoodgenius #scottishbergkamp

I don't know if you've ever been to Stark's Park or Palmerston, but to describe them as 'grounds that don't need much doing to them' is way off-base. I imagine ground maintenance is a huge expense for Queens and the Rovers.

Calmed down now after being a bit annoyed at half time. Seemed that the first ten minutes of each half belonged to Raith. We did a lot better in the rest of the first half but they still looked dangerous and Ben wad his usual bombscare self. I really don't get why so many Pars fans rate him so highly.

There were a few turning points - Cardle dropping out the game in the second half  (and in don't get why Rovers fans were giving him the cheating stuff - he was literally kicked in the head then had his foot dragged away with him at the edge of box within about 2 minutes. He does need to learn to shut up to the ref though), the keeper making a decent save from Williamson and then the miraculous clearance off the line by I think McHattie - it looked like being one of those days when one goal might settle it and Raith really grew then and dominated the last 25 minutes or so. Not quite sure why they needed to waste time with 30 odd minutes to go when they were starting to get back on top but there you go.

We've got a tough looking home game coming up against an in-form Queens and Raith play Dundee United so both teams will have to up their games to get the three points next week I'd imagine. Rovers look decent enough to be challenging for the play offs again though, especially with St Mirren and Falkirk having poor starts. We look like a team that's just make a big step up though and really need to learn quickly and adapt.

Our keeper wasn't able to kick the ball for roughly 80 minutes of the game. Benedictus was being an intelligent player slowing the play down whenever you had a bit of pressure to alleviate said pressure. It isn't rocket science.

Cardle went down after having barely been touched and having found his footing again. He was never in the game! 1k a week for him Is lovely.

Dunfermline have more than enough about them to see them safe.

Rather should be raith. Autocorrect.

Raith or qots have a far better side and squad. We signed up dogshite like hopkirk while qots got dobbie.

No idea why.

Dobbie has feelings for QoTS so went there, we signed up Hopkirk because he's cheap and versatile, a fairly handy squad player. I wouldn't say either have a significantly better side or squad though, we're three games into the cunting season for f**k sake and the window isn't even shut.

How many times exactly? We've got a very good record against Raith over the years.

You're second paragraph is also complete horseshit, but carry on.

Again, we're three games into the season, three games. Ayr beat us 2-0 in their first game and you had similar people pishing themselves into a frenzy, it's fucking mental. We matched and we're better than Raith for large parts of the game, we didn't make it count and got punished, it's happened since football began, the hyperbolic reaction from certain posters on here is genuinely staggering.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

And Reilly was even worse. At least moff can hold the ball.

No he fucking can't, that is total bollocks. The amount of balls that bounced off him, headers he lost/failed to even challenge for, times he was caught in possession, simple passes he fucked up and number of times he held on to the ball when it needed to be moved on quickly and completely killed the attack was infuriatingly ridiculous.

He looked good against a league full of part-timers, he still missed plenty sitters and had these same issues but they were not as painfully obvious due to the fact we tended to create another great chances minutes later anyway, it's his level, he is a decent squad option at this level at best.

I said when he signed that yes, his link-up play has been good but I didn't think he could make the step up and he missed too many chances for us to be using him as a 1st team player. His link up play has gone all to shit and hasn't even come close to putting away any chances, he is currently absolutely no use and is doing absolutely nothing.

I like him, I appreciate how he did for us last season and how he clearly puts a lot of work in on and off the field, but he is simply not good enough.

Please, for the love of f**k, stop talking so much pish, every single day you are coming out with utter nonsense.

Been quite a few years since I saw a raith-pars game with that much passion from the players, some real tasty challenges going on. 

All the boys did their bit today, how Lennox got through that 90 minutes I will never know, was convinced when he threw the ball out that Locke was bringing on Rudi to go in goals. I wasnae even pished either. How good was Rudi when he came on as well, he will be some player if we can get 90 mins out of him.  

Defence was solid and I have to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong with being worried pre season about having both Matthews and Callaghan in midfield, really showing they can play and along with Thomson and Barr, that really is a young midfield, but a very capable one at that.

Front men men were superb again, Stewart wasn't a bad replacement either  :wub:

Only thing that worries me,is if the spfl decide to share the points after seeing the amount of fans Dunfermline brought to the game. 

Archived