Eh Classico Rovers vs Pars

Mind keep club colours covered otherwise you'll not get into The Exchequer. Spoons however nae bother at all.

Spoons should be pretty quiet given the lack of football on the TV and being one of the furthest from the ground tbh, tempted by the Windsor as it's about 30 secs from my front door.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Mind keep club colours covered otherwise you'll not get into The Exchequer. Spoons however nae bother at all.

A lot of the time they don't bother but maybe best to cover up just in case, one of the matches against Hibs the Exchequer was full of Hibs fans wearing colours.

I'm nearly certain we'll see a late in the day announcement that tickets will be available at the ground. Every Derby at Starks goes through the same pattern.

First announced All ticket

The week before it will be repeatedly emphasised that there will absolutely definitely be no PATG

Friday afternoon /Saturday morning, due to a sudden reduction in the Fife Derby threat level fans can buy tickets at the ground.

It's stupid and I've no idea what it achieves but that's policing football matches for you.

I'm nearly certain we'll see a late in the day announcement that tickets will be available at the ground. Every Derby at Starks goes through the same pattern.

First announced All ticket

The week before it will be repeatedly emphasised that there will absolutely definitely be no PATG

Friday afternoon /Saturday morning, due to a sudden reduction in the Fife Derby threat level fans can buy tickets at the ground.

It's stupid and I've no idea what it achieves but that's policing football matches for you.

I'd wager on this. It's lunacy to turn down revenue to spite ourselves. There's far larger threats in the town than a football match between two local teams and that should be clear to the police. It's rather ridiculous.

Penny Farthing usually has a decent contingent of Pars fans there, but it is about the size of an average sitting room. 

Got sold my first pint in there when I was 15, what was the one further towards Stark's, the abbey?

31 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I'd wager on this. It's lunacy to turn down revenue to spite ourselves. There's far larger threats in the town than a football match between two local teams and that should be clear to the police. It's rather ridiculous.

Police care more about appearing to be policing than actually policing tbf, have done for ages, major events they are absolutely everywhere, a lot of the time pulled away from areas where there are not enough of them in the first place.

Should just be policed like a regular game, with a slightly higher presence after full-time and just have other units stationed elsewhere on standby in the unlikely event that shit kicks off.

Got sold my first pint in there when I was 15, what was the one further towards Stark's, the abbey?

The Duchess is closer from the Penny just at the junction. The Abbey is closed now but under new owners so should be opening at a later date.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

The Duchess is closer from the Penny just at the junction. The Abbey is closed now but under new owners so should be opening at a later date.

Duchess tends to be a bit pricey for what you actually get tbf, same with O'Connell's.

The tipsy cow just opened where 50 was, not tried that yet though, meant to be a burger place too.

Tempted by spoons tbh, cheap food, cheap booze.

You don't have to be a beer connoisseur to know that Carlsberg is worse than rat's piss. :P

The other thing that lets Wetherspoons down is thy there's no music. Half decent tunes (or even better - a jukebox) are essential in a decent boozer IMO.

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

Duchess tends to be a bit pricey for what you actually get tbf, same with O'Connell's.

The tipsy cow just opened where 50 was, not tried that yet though, meant to be a burger place too.

Tempted by spoons tbh, cheap food, cheap booze.

The burgers at The Tipsy Cow are brilliant.

Proper hand made efforts, though they are probably a bit dearer than Wetherspoons.

I've honestly never seen a spot of bother at a Rovers-Pars game, despite all the jokes about car-tipping and granny-mugging. It's just baffling that football clubs can face such difficulty in selling tickets to people who are mad enough to actually want to go to games. It's hard enough to convince people to go to matches and they make it so fucking hard for folk who are actually keen.

f**k Police Scotland, f**k the SPFL and f**k the Old Firm.

31 minutes ago, Andy C said:

The burgers at The Tipsy Cow are brilliant.

Proper hand made efforts, though they are probably a bit dearer than Wetherspoons.

Still need to try it, might take a wander down tomorrow.

You don't have to be a beer connoisseur to know that Carlsberg is worse than rat's piss. [emoji14]

The other thing that lets Wetherspoons down is thy there's no music. Half decent tunes (or even better - a jukebox) are essential in a decent boozer IMO.

The place to be for the best drink selections and proper music playlist is the Dutch a lot of space there as well it's worth the extra coin

Archived