WW v Shire

newcastle broon

Just thought I'd start a thread wi hopefully a bit positivity as we seem to have lost a few of our critics :D

I expect it'll go all things quiet on the ww front from now on so here's welcoming any input from both ww and Shire fans. 

Here's hoping a good game ahead.

£6/£4 

May the best team win.

Mon the welfare!!!! 

Today's game proves one thing you have to win the battle before you win the game. Referee set the bar really high for what he deemed to be a yellow card which probably saved Del from seeing red when he got involved after a shocking tackle on Paul Sludden. First half shire defending was very poor, second half the defence seemed to sort themselves out and once Del's free kick hit the net there was only going to be one winner.
Second trip to Whitehill and very impressed with the set up, great wee ground with a great wee bar.
Jamie Glasgow was outstanding

20 minutes ago, luggy said:

Today's game proves one thing you have to win the battle before you win the game. Referee set the bar really high for what he deemed to be a yellow card which probably saved Del from seeing red when he got involved after a shocking tackle on Paul Sludden. First half shire defending was very poor, second half the defence seemed to sort themselves out and once Del's free kick hit the net there was only going to be one winner.
Second trip to Whitehill and very impressed with the set up, great wee ground with a great wee bar.
Jamie Glasgow was outstanding

Cracking game of fitba. 

At 2-2 game could've went either way.

Didn't think there was 3 goals between teams.

Yer finishing was more lethal than ours. 

Yer no.8 I thought had a cracking game in what was played at cup tie pace, real end to end stuff.

You guys were a credit to your club certainly the busiest we've been in a league match in  the short few seasons the LL has been going. (note to other LL clubs stock up on the alcohol.) 

Hope yer topless fan didnae catch pneumonia, some real characters and loved yer sing songs. :)

I'm sure our treasurer will sleep tonight :)

Absolutely gutted I never got to meet any of the p & b Whitehill followers. Cannae really mind any of the game apart from having the perfect view of the Del Ure free kick! 5 goals in an away game is mental, cannae wait for the home game against Whitehill! Wish them all the best for the season [emoji4]

That was a really hard one to take yesterday but fair to play to the Shire for some ruthless finishing. 

There was only really one team in it in the second half but the free kick was the turning point definitely a hand ball and Ure bends it over the wall and in. 5 minutes later WW are 5-2 doon.

I thought the players responded really well to conceding 2 disapointing goals in the first half but this didn't happen with the third. Andy Martins diving header was stunning. 

Ive heard a rumour the Shire fans are still in the bar now :lol:. Was good to speak to Selfassembly and a few other Shire fans who made lots of noise behind the goals and were a credit to your club. 

All the best for the season. 

35 minutes ago, luggy said:

Yesterday's highlights

Thanks for that, great coverage, we miss that at Rosewell. 

1st goal seemed to go under our keeper but there was a deflection. 

2nd goal came from us losing possession where was the central defence. 

3rd goal cracking free kick,was Bryan too far to his right. 

4th and 5th goals lethal finishing. 

As I posted earlier could've went either way at 2-2, John Hall header off the line would've put us in front. 

Shire worth the 3 points in the end though. 

You seemed to play an attacking game,we'll score one more than you (Kevin Keegan)  type game which made for a very entertaining encounter. 

Onwards we go to Gretna next week. 

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Whitehill were the better team in the 2nd half until we got the 3rd goal which I think may have rattled them. It was a good end to end game and a great day out.
We are shaky at the back so I think you'll find quite a few of our games will have scorelines like this as we are pretty good going forward.
All the best to WW this season, looking forward to the return leg already.

4 hours ago, luggy said:

Yesterday's highlights

Thanks for that (other game vidders please take note, this is how it's done, sound of the game, not your record collection).

Good to see the Hobbits enjoying their football once again instead of week after week of getting humped. If there's an advert for why the new up/down system works, this is it.

Best of luck to The Shire for the rest of the season.

54 minutes ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Thanks for that (other game vidders please take note, this is how it's done, sound of the game, not your record collection).

Good to see the Hobbits enjoying their football once again instead of week after week of getting humped. If there's an advert for why the new up/down system works, this is it.

Best of luck to The Shire for the rest of the season.

Out of interest do you stand and film games on a Saturday? 

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Hope yer topless fan didnae catch pneumonia, some real characters and loved yer sing songs. :)

I'm sure our treasurer will sleep tonight :)

Topless Fan? In Rosewell? In August? 

The midges will have dined well... 

Really loved the programme from the game on Saturday.

The game wasn't too bad either. Could have gone either way for a long time into the game. Both teams going for the points. Love games when that happens  

Good footage.  Well done to the Camera Person.  Give Grimbo a few tips.

Big win against one of the traditional East of Scotland and now LL  big two.

Though in last two years Whitehill have not been the usual Whitehill on the pitch. 

Looking at that, and it's only one game ES  look like LL standard only.

They may or maybe not go up soonish. 

I'm sure their supporters will enjoy themselves in the LL visiting grounds where they may be only 50 home fans.

Though you will never see a more passionate 50 fans in your life lol.

That's what our league is all about.

Enjoy. 

Archived