Oliver Burke

Contra

I was sure that the RB Leipzig coach had commented on his discipline for the defensive side of the game as a reason for them moving him, noting that he hadn't shown any signs of improvement in that respect, but I can't actually find any quotes to confirm that.  I think a lot of the "attitude" stuff comes from Scottish media who say he looks like he can't be arsed when he plays for the U21s, it's probably wide of the mark. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was sure that the RB Leipzig coach had commented on his discipline for the defensive side of the game as a reason for them moving him, noting that he hadn't shown any signs of improvement in that respect, but I can't actually find any quotes to confirm that.  I think a lot of the "attitude" stuff comes from Scottish media who say he looks like he can't be arsed when he plays for the U21s, it's probably wide of the mark. 

Would seem strange as if anything his performances for the under 21s has easily been better than his club form. He's scored a few cracking goals in the last couple of Toulon tournaments.

18 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Would seem strange as if anything his performances for the under 21s has easily been better than his club form. He's scored a few cracking goals in the last couple of Toulon tournaments.

As I say, it's just the Scottish media being arseholes IMO.  This piece was posted after the Korea game at Toulon - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oliver-burke-mystery-15m-stars-12637699

It's guess work from the writer, he has nothing to base the attitude remark on other than Burke can "let his head drop" or "sulk" when things don't happen for him in games. Burke responded to that article saying he doesn't really care what people think about his attitude, he prefers to let his football do the talking. I like that attitude, but we need to see his football talking more often.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Not even on the bench last night for West Brom in the Championship and no indication that he is injured. 

Something is seriously not right there. 

He pulled out the u21s with a knee injury. Has he played since? 

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

He was an unused sub for their game last Friday I think?

Yeah, I might have understood if he hadn't been in the WBA squad since pulling out of the u21s, but sounds more like he's reduced to the fringes of their first team.

I know he's finished and employee of the month at BK etc etc... but he's surely not so shite he can't get a place on a championship team's bench? 

Yeah, I might have understood if he hadn't been in the WBA squad since pulling out of the u21s, but sounds more like he's reduced to the fringes of their first team.
I know he's finished and employee of the month at BK etc etc... but he's surely not so shite he can't get a place on a championship team's bench? 

Yet another manager who has an issue with him? It’s seems like a recurring theme, which is a surprise because he can string a sentence together better than most of his teammates. Perhaps that’s precisely it.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yet another manager who has an issue with him? It’s seems like a recurring theme, which is a surprise because he can string a sentence together better than most of his teammates. Perhaps that’s precisely it.

You reckon he's freestyling in the dressing room and ripping the pish out of the managers with his poetic put-downs?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

I know it's not the level we want him at but hopefully him scoring regularly for the u23s will get him back in the west brom squad soon

Supposedly Spurs and Newcastle are scouting him? I'd be really surprised if either were, but perhaps it's only a bigger club that would be willing to pay what WBA want for him