Oliver Burke

Contra

We aren't in a position to rule out anyone. If the lad has a great season next season, and he either gets promoted or earns a big move, then all the better for us.

He's the same age as Armstrong and younger than Cairney.

7 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Fail to see what benefit Burke will gain from the dinosaurs that run our age grade teams....other than appreciating even more the quality of coaching at his club.

While that's probably true, he'll at least be playing people he should be a lot closer to in terms of ability (or far exceed in a lot of cases) while in a Scotland shirt.  While he could have been put on against England and had an absolutely star-making performance, I don't think he's quite there yet.  There's far more chance of him going out in the Toulon tournament and just enjoying himself without being relied upon in what is an absolutely crucial game for us.

But he's going to be learning far more at his club.

On 25/05/2017 at 15:05, forameus said:

While that's probably true, he'll at least be playing people he should be a lot closer to in terms of ability (or far exceed in a lot of cases) while in a Scotland shirt.  While he could have been put on against England and had an absolutely star-making performance, I don't think he's quite there yet.  There's far more chance of him going out in the Toulon tournament and just enjoying himself without being relied upon in what is an absolutely crucial game for us.

But he's going to be learning far more at his club.

Personally I expect Burke to withdraw from the toulon tourney, with tight hamstring of something along those lines. WGS got him capped rapidly when England started sniffing around now he's stuck with us the ginger ninja has treated him horribly. 

Personally I expect Burke to withdraw from the toulon tourney, with tight hamstring of something along those lines. WGS got him capped rapidly when England started sniffing around now he's stuck with us the ginger ninja has treated him horribly. 

How exactly has he "treated him horribly"?

You have short memory forameus or your trolling for a bite. Have you forgotten his treatment slovakia away, disgusting

...that's it? While it could likely have been handled better, he showed his inexperience in the game he did feature in and clearly it was thought that in a tough away game he wouldn't get a sniff. Wouldn't have sent him away from the squad, but then I wouldn't go near the wild hyperbole you're giving either.

Clearly he was really bothered by it all and is massively regretting his decision by refusing to get involved from now o...oh, wait, he was picked and played in subsequent squads? Wow, must be really cut up about it. Disgusting.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

...that's it? While it could likely have been handled better, he showed his inexperience in the game he did feature in and clearly it was thought that in a tough away game he wouldn't get a sniff. Wouldn't have sent him away from the squad, but then I wouldn't go near the wild hyperbole you're giving either.

Clearly he was really bothered by it all and is massively regretting his decision by refusing to get involved from now o...oh, wait, he was picked and played in subsequent squads? Wow, must be really cut up about it. Disgusting.

What you talking about I said he was treated badly which he was in slovakia. There's no need for your meltdown. You just love to argue with yourself on here#bellend

What you talking about I said he was treated badly which he was in slovakia. There's no need for your meltdown. You just love to argue with yourself on here#bellend

You intimated that there was much more than that. While it probably wasn't the best choice of action, at it's core it was fair enough. Burke was probably a bit annoyed, and I imagine WGS would want him to be too. To call it "disgusting" is over-egging it by a fair bit. He got picked in subsequent squads and was only left out of this one to give him a chance in a less pressured environment. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. In the coming years,all being well, he is going to become crucial to us. He's not there yet though, and I doubt he's crying himself to sleep at night about choosing to play for scotland.

Not quite the meltdown you were hoping for, eh?

7 hours ago, forameus said:

You intimated that there was much more than that. While it probably wasn't the best choice of action, at it's core it was fair enough. Burke was probably a bit annoyed, and I imagine WGS would want him to be too. To call it "disgusting" is over-egging it by a fair bit. He got picked in subsequent squads and was only left out of this one to give him a chance in a less pressured environment. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. In the coming years,all being well, he is going to become crucial to us. He's not there yet though, and I doubt he's crying himself to sleep at night about choosing to play for scotland.

Not quite the meltdown you were hoping for, eh?

What are you driveling about now, I know it's difficult for you but all that was needed was " I wouldn't call it disgusting maybe a poor choice" but every post you go off on a meltdown as if trying too make yourself look some sort of super pundit with all the know how.

Get a grip of yourself man ffs it's embarrassing.

one of the very few times I have actually agreed with Strachan is over this decision with Burke...other nations do the same ie England wanted to send Rashford to the 21s Euros, Spain do it as well so I see no harm in sending the lad to a tournament like this to express himself......as has been said less pressure on him there and he can maybe do well as opposed to being dragged down by the obligatory 3-0 defeat against England.

37 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Is Toulon being shown on TV? I thought Eurosport usually showed these types of tournaments, but they've got blanket coverage of the French Open.

I'm watching on Bet 365. Just need a funded account.