Oliver Burke

Contra

Leipzig win again. Up to 3rd in the Bundesliga now, 2 pts behind Bayern.
Can you imagine der seethe if they actually won it?!

They are far too inexperienced, don't run about enough and definitely need some taller players.

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

On for Leipzig in the 79th min.
Hope he scores then lifts up his top to reveal a 'Strachan in a c*nt' T-shirt underneath.

He'd get hammered for that.

I see some people are suggesting that there'd been maybe been a bust-up between them or some misbehaviour on Burke's part... it's possible, but I think if that was the case, something would have come out about it by now.  Especially these days, with Twitter and all the rest of it.  

10 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

I see some people are suggesting that there'd been maybe been a bust-up between them or some misbehaviour on Burke's part... it's possible, but I think if that was the case, something would have come out about it by now.  Especially these days, with Twitter and all the rest of it.  

Certainly possible, and would probably make the most sense out of the myriad of reasons it could've been.  I think there must be something else to it.  I'm sure people will come in and say how ridiculous I am for saying it, but I just don't see Strachan being vindictive enough to cut his own throat like this.  Just seems nonsensical.  Not saying that's not what happened, but just think there must have been more to it.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

From the Sun: 

"Red Bull Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl thinks £13m signing Oliver Burke can become "a real weapon" and is considering him playing as a number 10, rather than purely on the wing."

A real weapon...chortle :lol:

He's more like Strachan than we would have guessed then haha

On 28/10/2016 at 13:35, Gordopolis said:

From the Sun: 

"Red Bull Leipzig boss Ralph Hasenhuttl thinks £13m signing Oliver Burke can become "a real weapon" and is considering him playing as a number 10, rather than purely on the wing."

A real weapon...chortle :lol:

Obvious puns aside, that's good news for us. If they can mould Burke into a second striker type player I think he would suit our system better there.  Burke's not really shown a great defensive work rate so far, and whilst that may change as he gets older, having him on the wing for us leaves Paterson exposed. If he can play off the striker it would take away the defensive side of his game and let him purely be the creative spark for us. I dare say it would make it easier for someone like Rhodes to be used as our striker if he had someone of Burke's power playing off him, which given the despair shown towards Fletcher and Martin from many, it would be ideal.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Obvious puns aside, that's good news for us. If they can mould Burke into a second striker type player I think he would suit our system better there.  Burke's not really shown a great defensive work rate so far, and whilst that may change as he gets older, having him on the wing for us leaves Paterson exposed. If he can play off the striker it would take away the defensive side of his game and let him purely be the creative spark for us. I dare say it would make it easier for someone like Rhodes to be used as our striker if he had someone of Burke's power playing off him, which given the despair shown towards Fletcher and Martin from many, it would be ideal.

If Burke was the second striker, Steven Fletcher would be the first. His ability to play early defence splitting passes on the half turn would come to the fore putting Burke in behind a high line (teams don't need to play deep against us) and through on goal.

11 minutes ago, woof! said:

If Burke was the second striker, Steven Fletcher would be the first. His ability to play early defence splitting passes on the half turn would come to the fore putting Burke in behind a high line (teams don't need to play deep against us) and through on goal.

I'll assume this is sarcasm.

When u say getting game time youbuse the term loosely he's been getting the last 5 minutes lately although done well to get an assist there. He's a tremendous talent and should be in every squad but obviously Strachan has a problem(arrogant p***k).

48 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Away to Germany and away to Poland he made excellent defence splitting passes that led to goals.

Away to Poland was a long diagonal ball to Anya who cut back for Maloney, hardly defence splitting. It's just never something I've associated with him, fair enough if I'm wrong.