Oliver Burke

Contra

He is always keen to get on the ball and make something happen from anywhere on the park. A few things to work on but a very exciting prospect indeed

Whatever is done to develop his game hope he never loses that instinct. In recent years that has been a real rarity for us.

Just saw the highlights there. Good goal. I thought when he fell onto all fours as part of his celebration he was going to do a bull impression!
That'd fair noise up the Koln fans - who protested today with a blockade of the Leipzig team bus. Personally, I think they should have made a barricade out of loads and loads of cow heads.

35 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Just saw the highlights there. Good goal. I thought when he fell onto all fours as part of his celebration he was going to do a bull impression!
That'd fair noise up the Koln fans - who protested today with a blockade of the Leipzig team bus. Personally, I think they should have made a barricade out of loads and loads of cow heads.

German football fans :lol: About half the clubs - Koln and Dortmund included - have sold their stadium naming rights. Time they got off their high horses.

I saw the game today and I must admit I'm enjoying watching RB in general. A number of exciting young players, a good energy about them. I've no doubt that they'll dip later in the season, and Burke will too but that won't be a reflection on him.

I thought he had a reasonably quiet game, whilst scoring a goal and being involved in three or four other decent chances. Not entirely his own fault. The movement of their front four is impressive; he started on the right wing but played just about equal amounts of time as the main striker, the second striker and on the left. Always looks to get as wide as possible which may be a team order but leaves him out of the action at times, hopefully they'll start to switch it quicker. His pressing will improve; he contributed well from the central positions but didn't cut off the passing channels when playing wide. What is impressive is his physicality; he's playing against decent players and shrugs them off or buys a foul.