Oliver Burke

Contra

Yes. Love and Watt will never be good enough to be regulars there, for starters. I envision Kingsley and Fraser to bob between that league and the Championship. Tierney and Burke are probably good enough to cope.

Yes. Love and Watt will never be good enough to be regulars there, for starters. I envision Kingsley and Fraser to bob between that league and the Championship. Tierney and Burke are probably good enough to cope.

They're still young. In the case of Watt I can't think of any other competition he has got from another striker in their early 20s?

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

They're still young. In the case of Watt I can't think of any other competition he has got from another striker in their early 20s?

I'm not sure how a lack of competition for his country means he'll be good enough for the EPL, tbh.

I'm not sure how a lack of competition for his country means he'll be good enough for the EPL, tbh.

Ahh my mistake

And can't see it either, but who knows, boys got talent. Fletch and Naismith managed it for a period when they were 22 they would've probably been in a similar position to him

Just about every generation believes that the next generation of players will be worse. Out of the Tierney/McGinn/Cummings/Gauld/Fraser types some will become established internationals and probably more will go down the Greg Wylde route. You'll also get guys like Ritchie and Anya who'll come from nowhere. We'll be at least as competitive in 10 years time as we are now.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

On a side note there must've been a few who gave Strachan pelters for calling this guy up when he was announced in his 1at squad?

I'd genuinely never heard of him before his last call-up. Not since the Berti Vogts days has that been the case with a player making the Scotland squad