Oliver Burke

Contra

Watching him just now playing for Forest, he's lightening quick and is superb at carrying the ball up the park  - if similarities where to be drawn he looks like a faster Bale.

No doubt's he'll be a star for us in years to come, his pace on the break is frightening.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Oliver Burke is a faster Gareth Bale.  

That might be the worst comparison ever made on Pie and Bovril.  And remember, people on Pie and Bovril once compared Scott Brown to a three million pound player.

Cant be worse than someone saying something along the lines of scholes being as good as neil lennon :lol:

If memory serves me right

Don't think there is anyone that is easily good enough to walk into our starting team. Snodgrass, McArthur and Marshall would be the first names on the team sheet for me right now.

This boy does look talented though. He should be a regular in the near future if he keeps it up.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Don't think there is anyone that is easily good enough to walk into our starting team. Snodgrass, McArthur and Marshall would be the first names on the team sheet for me right now.

This boy does look talented though. He should be a regular in the near future if he keeps it up.

2 out of 3 ain't bad. I don't recall MacArthur ever playing a good game for Scotalnd. Burke and Fraser on either flank is an exciting prospect, giving us the pace we've being needing for years.

2 out of 3 ain't bad. I don't recall MacArthur ever playing a good game for Scotalnd. Burke and Fraser on either flank is an exciting prospect, giving us the pace we've being needing for years.

I thought McArthur came into the side and performed well enough in the 2nd half of the campaign. A few months ago I'd have said Brown was finished but after seeing Celtic on tv a couple of times he has looked back to his old self. Forrest has looked decent under Rodgers and I say that as someone who doesn't rate Forrest at all. Decent competition in the defensive midfielder positions but you'd think Fletcher and Brown have 1 maybe 2 qualifying campaigns left in them.

Ryan Fraser? Not seen him play for a while. Has he kicked on a bit now?

Marshall is also in my opinion behind shagger and Gordon between the posts, as the other 2 perform exceptionally well for us where Marshall is a a cross flapper

We let in a few shockers in the qualifiers, I don't think Marshall has let us down too bad. Iv seen Gordon let in some poor goals for Celtic in the past season which has never been like him but he was superb in the away leg against Astra in the champs league.

3 good keepers with not much between them imo but Marshall just edges it for me until he has a stinker.

32 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I thought McArthur came into the side and performed well enough in the 2nd half of the campaign. A few months ago I'd have said Brown was finished but after seeing Celtic on tv a couple of times he has looked back to his old self. Forrest has looked decent under Rodgers and I say that as someone who doesn't rate Forrest at all. Decent competition in the defensive midfielder positions but you'd think Fletcher and Brown have 1 maybe 2 qualifying campaigns left in them.

Ryan Fraser? Not seen him play for a while. Has he kicked on a bit now?

Re Fraser. Mick McCarthy of Ipswich had to hand him back to Bournemouth but he says he could play for any team in the Premiership and that Bournemouth intend to play him as first choice winger.

I would pick Burke for the Malta game in one of the wide positions.  I've been hugely impressed every time I've seen him so far, and I think he has the potential to be a huge player for us if he can continue to progress.  I'd probably have him on the left, Snodgrass in the middle and Ritchie on the right.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Sounds good apart from Fraser - he's promising but he's not even getting a game for Bournemouth just now (not even on the bench today). 

I know. Bad news for us. I certainly rate him more than Ritchie.